Chapter Ten - The End Of the War

I stood tall. Walking behind Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. My wings folded slightly, making it so I can walk. The marines were terrified, but Mihawk. No, he was indeed scared, but he looked more exited. I didn't need to use haki to look into the future to see his next move. He lunged, I did as well. All but throwing the boys out of my way. It took only second for my blades to meet his. We were locked on, both our blades coated in haki. My eyes locked on his. My blades pushed against his, a bit of a gap between them. Our haki clashed. Sending black, red, and blue everywhere. Everyone was pushed back a few feet. My wings wrapped around the boys. Protecting them from the clash. I watched in the corner of my eye as Yuki held onto Xebec and Lora. I watched as Astrid thrusted her blade into the ground. As Nico dug his claws into the ground as he also grabbed Dusk. My ocean like eyes meet hawk like eyes. He had an exited smile on his face. Mine was blank, then, I stared to push harder. Actually starting to use some strength. He grunted, digging his feet into the ground. Then he pushed back. We where stuck here. Measuring our strength against each other. Correction, he was measuring his strength against me I pushed. Taking a step forward. He grunted and started to slide back, but he pushed back. I was no swordswoman. Yes, I knew how to fight with swords. I liked fighting with them, but I am no swordswoman. I don't want his title.

I stared at the man. He could be my exact same age. If it weren't for me being frozen in time for eleven years. So. I tilt my head back. "How old are you. Dracula Mihawk." He looked at me.
"You're clearly holding back *grunt* if you can speak so casually *grunt* if I'm struggling like this."  I rose my brow.
"I'm no swordswoman Dracula. I'm but a humble woman who knows bits and pieces of the art with a blade. Now, will you answer my question."
"I see." Again, he grunted. He pushed against me. Using more haki, I again raise a brow. "I'm at the age of forty three." I hum. My wings had long since unwrapped Ace, Sabo, and Luffy. Luffy, seeming to have remembered something instantly spoke up.
"Hang on. Isn't today your birthday big sis?" I sighed.
"Birthday? *grunt* How old are you. *grunt* Miss Rocks."
"First off yes. It is. And Phoenix is fine. Oh and the answer to that question is quite difficult."
"Well then *grunt* call me Mihawk. *grunt* and how is that *grunt* a difficult question to answer." I hum. Smirking at him.
"Simple. As a desperate attempt to save me from being hunted. My father froze me in time." I looked back, knowing fully well that'll confuse Mihawk for a good while. "Get going. Go one." They nodded and took off. I, in turn, kicked Mihawk. Who was caught by surprise by the kick. I smirked, then I waved. "See ya." After that I took off to follow after my boys.

Now a stood, again, behind them. Mihawk dumbfounded with my kick and ditch ended up falling forward but caught himself before he ate dirt, I laughed. He seemed to have blushed before standing straight. Brushing his coat off and then acting like nothing happened. I moved, running right behind my boys. Keeping and scaring away marines. I couldn't help but wonder what the hell was wrong with them. Then I remembered that I still had flecks of fire in my hair. My wings also still had flecks of fire. I was bleeding. Like a lot. My hair was a mess, and I had just easily faced off against Mihawk without breaking a sweet as he struggled greatly.

I sighed, pulling off my scarf and jacket. Placing them on my right arm then I placed my left hand over my injury. Outlining the wound. Seconds later white flames outlined the wound, following my fingers. Then the white flames completely covered the wound. I felt the flames, it stung. I felt the healing process speed up by a lot. It was painfully, but the wound quickly went numb. Then, I watched as WhiteBeard gave his final orders. My heart instantly stopped... because he had given that order. Right as we reached him, I stared at him. My hands flying up and countering his attacks the boys were behind me. As was my crew I turned. Handing my stuff to Astrid. "Take the boys and go." I look at Nico. "Your in charge until I return." Then I look at Yuki. "Watch they're back." The three did our salut.
"Yes ma'am." I moved, handing Nico my blades.
"You'll need them more. Don't. Lose. Them." I turned and flew over to WhiteBeard. Deciding to help him out. I moved, aiding him. Fighting, I stood with him. Keeping all attacks away from the pirates. Not one attack made it through my defenses. I listened as he and Ace gave there last words to each other. I glanced and watched as WhiteBeard laughed at Aces reply. Then. His next words effective both warmed and broke my heart.
"WhiteBeard is my only father! And Rocks. D. Phoenix is my only mother!" Sabo and Luffy instantly agreed with Ace's statement about me. Resulting in tears, then they took off.