The Continuation: Part one

This is the end.

I've thought about death before, but only ever in fictional worlds, like Star Wars or Marvel. Or old people, sorry Benny's Grandma...

Yet still, I never did imagine I'd face death more than once. I have battled enough vampires and demons to know when the end was truly that; the end of everything.

Or so I believed.

I know, what happened after the explosion from the Lucifractor?

Well here's a quick little recap: My Vice Principal was a psycho out for revenge, Benny's grandma was basically paralyzed, I messed up my dating life and now... We're running away.

No one knows where Erica and Rory are at the moment, but all I know is that this... This is the continuation of our journey.

And I know that you can't wait to experience it.

------

  Dust comes up from off the ground as it surrounds them, the evil laughter of Vice Principal Stern echoes throughout the entire building as Ethan, Benny, Sarah and Jesse are running for their escape. They knew the whole building could explode, wiping out every magical and supernatural being within the whole town. Their only priority is their survival and from then on, their loved ones.

Ethan is holding onto his best friend, Benny, by his hand. Benny is nervously mumbling an incantation under his sharp, heavy breath. Sarah huffs in desperation, fearing for her undead life and running as fast as her friends can. She knows she can go faster but she wouldn't dare leaving them behind.

'I'm not like Jesse.' She tells herself as determination crosses her face.

Behind her, Jesse, pale and emotionless, tugs Sarah towards his chest as he sees the exit.

"We're not going to make it!" Benny shouts stopping in his tracks. Jesse and Sarah turn to look back at him, his spewed pessimism stopping them dead in their tracks.

"Benny, what are you doing? We have to go now, we can make it! It's right there, are you out of your mind!? Benny, c'mon!!" Ethan pants with tense eagerness as he pulls on his arm.

Sarah shakes her head as she pushes Jesse away. With shaken fearful eyes, she turns to him in desperation and she yells, "Guys, there's no time! Ethan!"

Still, Benny doesn't move.

He closes his eyes and chants out a spell. A yellow force field forms to shield them.

"We don't have time for this Benny, we need to save Erica and Rory! Benny!!" Sarah shouts in distress as she fidgets with her hands. Ethan paces back in forth as a panic attack begins to set in, "Jesse, what are we going to do?!"

With what seemed like perfect timing, everything goes silent.

A blinding light illuminates everything in sight as a 'BOOM' went off. The explosion was so massive it shook the ground causing the heroes to fall as they lost their balance.

"Oof!" Ethan yelps as he lands on his ass.

"Sarah!" Jesse calls out to her. "Where are you, are you okay? I can't see you, everything is too bright!"

"I'm fine!" She answers as she feels a hand on her shoulder. "Woah, who's that? Get away, ew!" She throws a punch hoping it's Jesse on the receiving end. It was not.

"Ow!! It's Benny, by the way! Now with a bruise on my arm. Thank you very much." He grits his teeth making a face no one can see, of course.