Chapter 5

Luna

"Why were you outside?" Oh no. Avery was awake. "Uh, I had to use the bathroom." "Okay." "Sleep. Sorry I woke you up." "Don't worry about it." I went inside the bed and I was trying to sleep. I couldn't. I just shared an amazing kiss with Hayden Millers. I was turning around in bed, trying to get comfortable. But it was too hard. Suddenly, I felt Avery hug me from behind. "Sleep, Luna." I was immediately relaxed, I felt safe with her. Avery is my safe place. I can't imagine having a better friend than her. Shit. Why am I hanging out with her boyfriend a lot more then? That's not fair to her. "I'm sorry for being with Jason." "Luna, it's okay. I'm happy to see you two bonding. And, I know you would never do anything bad to me. I love you." "I love you too." I'm happy, because I found a lifelong best friend, and I get to keep another friend who understands me the most.

Hayden

"Man, it's so late. Why are you out?" Jason groaned. "I was just in the hallway." "Kissing Lindsay?" Does everybody know about that kiss or what? "No. But, I was kissing someone else." Jason suddenly sat up. "Avery? I swear, I'm going to kill you." "What the fuck? You think I would do that to you?" "Wait, if you weren't kissing Avery, you were either kissing Luna or Kai. I'm going to assume it's Luna, but how?" "You're weird for that...But yeah it's Luna. And what do you mean how?" "Aren't you with Lindsay?" "No, I never said yes to her idea of us being together, I'm assuming Luna told you about that conversation." "She didn't tell me, but yeah I know. You really said no? But you guys kissed." "She kissed me because she was angry and not listening to what I was saying. And how the hell do you know about that conversation?" "It doesn't matter. So, you told Luna all about what happened?" "Yeah, then I kissed her." "Randomly?" "Well, we talked for a bit about my feelings for her. Then I kissed her." "Smooth." "Uh-huh." I went inside the bed again. "So, how did you know about the conversation?" "I'm not telling you." "I'm going to find out, you know that right?" "Good luck with that." "Goodnight, Jason." "Yeah, you too." He can't even say it back. Whatever, he's kind of my best friend. So I don't care.

Sunday
One day before going back home

Avery

"I'm dying, shut up!" I was laughing too much. Kai is the funniest person I've met, but also the most annoying too. "You know I'm right though." He was laughing a lot too. We were in the backyard, our normal chatting place. Lindsay came in. "What's so funny?" "Inside joke." "Wow, you're hiding stuff from me with another girl?" Is she seriously jealous of me and Kai? "Lindsay, it was just a joke between us. I'm sorry." "No, Kai. I've had it with you. I hate you!" "Lindsay, I have a boyfriend. I would never get with Kai." "I don't care, Talia!" "Stop calling me that." "Hmph." She started pouting her lips. How is Kai attracted to that? "Lindsay, don't be sad. You know I only have eyes for you." "Yeah, I guess." "Plus, she's just my friend. And, she does have a boyfriend. So, you shouldn't say that she'd be cheating on him." "Now you're defending her?" "I'm defending nobody, just stating facts." He can be smart and kind when he tries to be. Too bad his kindness is wasted on a girl like Lindsay. I've been having fun with Kai, but whenever we laugh too hard, Lindsay comes in and gets mad. I get her, but I have a boyfriend, I wouldn't do that to Jason. We made it official yesterday, it was so cute. He asked me to be his girlfriend while we were sitting on the stairs. I really like him.

Jason

"No. You have to ask her somewhere romantic." "Like back home?" "I don't care, just somewhere romantic." "I already asked her, Hayden." "Well, redo it!" "Maybe I will." "Whatever, I'm going to take a shower." "Okay." "Take my advice, okay?" "Maybe." Hayden rolled his eyes and left our room. I got out of the room too and I was about to go downstairs when someone turned me around. "Hey, Avery." I pulled her into a hug. "Hi." "So, when we go back home, let's go on a date." "Oh?" "What?" "Are you sure?" "Yes? Why are you surprised?" "No, I'm just.. yeah surprised. It's weird, I don't see you as the type to go on dates." "Well, I am." "Okay, then I would love to go on a date with you." She gave me the biggest smile.