Chapter 8

Chapter 8: A snack a day, keep the stupids away

Aiden was sure that he had read the same scene that happened currently. It was the same scene where Kim Dokja was grabbed on the neck by the mysterious person. For some reason though, the scene almost made him laugh. A grown ass man was grabbed in one hand, hanging like a monkey on the edge of the bridge. It's oddly hilarious. Maybe he's already gone crazy for having this kind of reaction toward a person who was literally hanging on life.

Who the heck even asked for someone name while choking them? He doesn't know where this Yoo Jonghyuk came from but that guy was crazy for sure.

But Kim Dokja surely a masochistic bastard. Why does he keep provoking the crazy guy even after getting punch in the gut?

“Stop the unnecessary answer. Only answer what I ask from now on. Understood?” Yoo Jonghyuk ordered.

Kim Dokja didn't answer anything this time. He only stared at the man in front of him, lost in thoughts.

“Your answer?”

“…I will.”

“Use honorifics.”

“What if I don’t want to?”

"This is kinda entertaining." Aiden muttered to himself with a smirk plastered on his face. A slight movement came from Lee Gilyoung that immediately attract Aiden's attention.

"You're not helping him?" The kid whispered, he was afraid that raising his voice even slightly may attract the enemy attention.

"He's not asking for any." Aiden answered, "beside, it doesn't seem like he's a man without plan. I'm sure he'll managed."

Lee Gilyoung stared worriedly at Kim Dokja who was once again receiving a punch which he luckily block with his arm.

".....okay" Lee Gilyoung muttered unsurely.

"Don't worry. If a situation arise, I'll help him."

Aiden was paying attention toward Kim Dokja so he didn't miss any action that were made including how the damn man was telling him to leave first by using his eyes. Aiden wasn't one to read others feelings through their eyes so well but for some reason the massage that was conveyed to him from Kim Dokja was received successfully.

[There is two minutes to the end of the scenario.]

"We need to go now Gilyoung." Aiden informed.

"Bu-but what about Dokja hyung?"

"Don't worry," Aiden spoke with confidence, his eyes never straying away from Kim Dokja's form, "he'll be fine."

Lee Gilyoung was quite reluctant to leave but seeing the confidence oozing from the foreign man, he suddenly feel calm. His instinct was telling him to trust Aiden.

After receiving a nod from the child, Aiden begin to move cautiously. Just as he arrived near the bridge, his eyes happen to caught Kim Dokja's own.

Aiden wasn't sure why but somehow he seemed to have placed his trust on Kim Dokja easily.

This is quite alarming for him but he let it slide for now.

Aiden flash Kim dokja a middle finger before hurrying his pace to the other side while piggybacking Lee Gilyoung.

He hope that Kim Dokja will resent him for this and stay alive to enact revenge on him.

♪♪♪~~♪♪♪

[You have entered the safety zone.]

Standing in the middle of Geumho Station with Lee Gilyoung by his side, Aiden thought that the situation will be troublesome soon.

"Welcome to Geumho Station, we were thrilled to welcome you." a slim man appeared as soon as Aiden and the gang step foot into the safety zone.

'ah, I could tell this guy will be the source of all the troublesome things that I'm sure going to happen'

"Hello sir, thanks for welcoming us." Lee Hyunsung answered politely, putting his hand out for a handshake which the slim man accept.

"No need to be so polite, we're going to be working together after all. It is of course, for the safety of everyone, don't you agree?" The slim man said, a smile staying permanently on his face.

Aiden frowned slightly when he felt a slight tug in him to agree with the words of the slim man. It was as if there's a force that make him to follow whatever the man said.

'...a skill? This is annoying'

"indeed, that would be the best scenario" Lee Hyunsung agreed with the slim man.

The slim man smile again before introducing himself, "My name is Cheon Inho. May I know your name?"

"I'm Lee Hyunsung, nice to meet you."

Yoo sangah finally stepped up to introduce herself, "as for me, my name is Yoo Sangah"

"a nice name for a pretty lady such as yourself" Cheon Inho complimented, earning a shy laugh from the said woman.

He then turn his gaze toward Aiden, as if signalling him to start introducing himself too.

Aiden answered with a suspicious glare directed to Cheon Inho before finally sighing and muttering his name, "....Aiden Smith, this kid is called Lee Gilyoung"

Cheon Inho's smile twitched slightly which Aiden took notice of, before resuming his boot licking compliments.

"Oh a foreigner? Your pronunciation is great! A handsome foreigner such as yourself must be quite popular."

Aiden scoffed, "What's the use of those things while people is already busy surviving?"

His rude answer managed to put the situation into awkwardness. Lee Hyunsung and Yoo Sangah glanced at him occasionally with nervous expression while Han Myungoh just flat out glaring at him.

"You rude foreigner, Cheon Inho-ssi is welcoming us so kindly and you repay him with this??" Han Myungoh berated, clearly dissatisfied with Aiden's rudeness.

Aiden only rolled his eyes and completely ignored Han Myungoh existence. He then took Lee Gilyoung hand in his then proceed to walk away from the situation.

"speaking with stupid people is draining me" he muttered under his breath.

"hyung, is something bothering you?" Lee Gilyoung asked once they finally away from others.

"hm?" Aiden was slightly surprised by the sudden question. Laughing slightly, he ruffled Lee Gilyoung's hair, "Nah, I'm just peachy. Want some snack?"

Lee Gilyoung hesitate before answering, "I...I will pay for it"

Aiden pondered in his thoughts for a few seconds before agreeing, "sure", indeed nothing is free in this kind of world. It would be best if he understood that early. "it will be 10 coins then"

Lee Gilyoung nodded then proceed to pay.

[’Lee Gilyoung’ has paid you 10 coins.]

Aiden once again ruffled the young man's hair with a smile. He wasn't sure why but at this moment, he felt like a proud mother.