PART 3

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△

You would think that our story would end there, but no. There is no way this could happen, for something so strange occurred. So strange, that the shoemaker and the girl didn't know how to react to it.

The opossums came back.

"That's strange..." the shoemaker muttered as him and his granddaughter stared at the weird sight. Why did they come back? For food? That must have been the case. Why else would these opossums come back?

Apparently there were other ulterior motives. At that moment, chatters and squeaks could be heard coming from behind the two people. They turned around to gasp at a horror. Hundreds, maybe even thousands, or more opossums were awiaiting them, staring at them with malicious intent. That was when the attack started.

The opossums lunged at the shoemaker, tackling him to the ground. They tore him apart, leaving a gruesome sight for the little girl watching in terror. She let out a blood curdling scream and scrambled over to a cleared shoe rack, climbing up to what seeme dlike safety. She sat upon the top of it in trembling fear as she watched the sight of hundreds of creatures tearing the store apart, taking apart metal racks and shoes to build what looked like... buildings?

The girl would have escaped, but there was no placed to run. All of the doors had been blocked up by the opossums, and so had the vents. Before a new plan could be made by the school girl, hundreds of opossums scurried up the rack and pushed her down. A mosh pit of others broke her fall and began to carry her to who-knows-where. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping this was all a horrible dream. But alas, it was not.

The girl opened her eyes up again to see that she was seated onto her grandfather's working stool with makeshift crown made of shoe parts atop her head. Another makeshift creation–a staff–was also given to her by more oppossums. The rest, she realized, were before her, bowing down at her feet.

The girl stared out at the new networking system. Within that time frame, the opossums had created an entire city on the floor of the workshop, all made with houses, shops, and even a town hall. That town hall wasn't in the center, though. She was. Her and the throne.

That's when she realized what this had all come to.

She was now their new queen.

Within their new government.