1🌸

It has been almost 3 years , wei Wuxian has died . After the war at Qinghe, the dark night wiped its existence & the sun rose again . Ultimately, the blood dried up , the wounds started to heal . However, as the lives of victims were healing, Lan Wanji was living with the scar, in the darkness.

After the devastated night at Qinghe, Lan wanji was punished severely. Though those wipe marks were worthless. In the end , he failed to protect what he should've long ago. Time & destiny, all went against him. As he was trapped in the ice cave , he regretted it . If only , he had taken Wei Wuxian in, the moment he adopted demonic cultivation and hid him away , at least he would have been alive. Though his inside was crashing & burning, he had no way to get rid of hell.

After three years, he finally met the sun shining over him . As he met the world, it was the same as before . People have forgotten about the night, when Lan Wanji fell in despair forever. It was true that he wasn't alone . That night , many of the people have lost their loved ones. Though many of them were living like nothing happened, victims like Lan Wanji was dying inside.

Yet Lan Wanji had no regrets. Cause he knew that it was none of Wei Ying's fault. The ones who were at fault were this world who led him to the path of destruction.

After years, he set his foot on yilling. Bustling markets and busy people were all around following their daily life, laughing & playing around. There was no sign of that bloody tinted night. Heavy clouds were only over him.

He paved his way to the mountain, where once Yilling Patriarch made a home for the peoples who were abandoned by the world. Their blood became the real enemy of their lives. Yet , this guy, who always thought about the well beings of others over himself took them in and got the tag of defected. His only sin was being generous and selfless.

The mountain was covered with dark fog and screams of despair. As he went along the way , he saw the ruins which were covered with memories and giggles.

Wei Wuxian made the dead mountain a home but it went back the way it was. The despair was never meant to leave the mountain. Evil and good , black & white, the mountain was tinted with all of that.

Finally he got to the mouth of the cave which used to be Yilling's personal space and as well as the place where his body & soul were ripped apart.

Lan Wanji entered and went inside to the blood pool. It was the place where the corpse of the people of Wen clans were. He stood for a while before he took out his guqin.

He found a place and sat down. After a little while, a serene music pierced the dark clouds and held the screams.

He played for a while before he stopped. His longing gaze was fixed at the strings. His face was calm but his heart was in turmoil.

Finally the string moved. Lan Wanji widened his gaze , breath hitched. In a calm yet desperate manner, he played "Who are you ?"

The spirit played back,"I'm zi ning."

The ray of hope was taken right away. He lowered his gaze as it wasn't unexpected. What he was looking for. Wei Ying's soul was ripped. How could he find his soul back. Yet he was chasing an uncertainty.

He played again,"Have you seen the soul of a demonic cultivator?"

"No." The moving string brought disappointment.

Lan Wanji gulped and took a breath trying to calm this inner turmoil.

However, he never stopped. At the top of the mountain ,everyday he would play for hours and investigate every soul that would answer him. Try to ask if they saw his soul. But everyday was disappointing.
He played and continued to wait. No matter how much time it takes , he was determined to wait. Even if , heaven spares him a glimpse of Wei Ying in exchange for his own life , he was willing. Yet, his bleeding heart got no answer. Heaven was cruel to him.