Chapter 7

Turned out Taehyung had everything in his wardrobe to match his outfit with yours after all

 Turned out Taehyung had everything in his wardrobe to match his outfit with yours after all. His pants matched your skirt perfectly, and his no-sleeves wool cardigan was similar enough to yours to give the right vibe. He also had a white polo-shirt, one that almost looked like a golf polo, that worked perfectly to complete his outfit. A black belt hugged his pants to his hips, and the smile on his lips matched yours just right.

The perfect picture of a happy couple.

The elevator leading to Jimin's apartment felt crowded, with just you and Taehyung standing there. Your eyes had diverged to a stain on the carpet, and Taehyung watched your profile for a time as the elevator shot upwards.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

You chuckled breathlessly. "I'm anxious. I don't know your friends. And what if Eunjin learns that I was here?"

"She won't", Taehyung reassured you. "She barely talks to the members. They'll never connect the dots."

You knew he was right. Because there was no way in hell Taehyung would have asked you if he had thought it might reach Eunjin's ears. Still, your previous wariness hadn't let go of you, and you were pretty sure you were about to step in the biggest mess you had ever stepped in.

"Plus", Taehyung added, and he turned to face you and grab your hands. "They'll love you, I'm sure of it."

"It doesn't really matter if they love me or not", you pointed out. "I'm probably never going to see them again."

Taehyung remained silent, though he tried to catch your gaze as you stubbornly kept it on the floor. Once he understood you weren't going to look up, he grabbed your chin to force you to meet his gaze.

"Let's not think about that right now, mmh?" he murmured as soon as your eyes locked together. "We have to put on a good show."

You gulped, glancing down at the lips you had kissed far more often than you should have. They looked just as soft as ever, and they glistened a little from when he had wet them just a few seconds ago.

"I'm not an actress like you..."

"Just follow my lead", he encouraged. "You'll do great, princess, I'm not worried."

And as the elevator dinged and the doors started sliding open, Taehyung leaned down to press a soft kiss to your lips. It felt strange to be kissed by him somewhere else other than in your apartments, but your eyes immediately fell shut, and you let out a small sigh.

"Why am I not surprised?" a voice said from outside of the elevator.

You startled out of Taehyung's arms, blush creeping on your cheeks. Kim Seokjin was standing outside the elevator, arm outstretched to keep the doors from closing shut.

"Hyung!" Taehyung let out happily. He introduced you, before pointing at the older man, eyes on you. "This is Kim Seokjin."

"World-wide handsome", Seokjin said as a way to introduce himself, a small smirk on his plump lips. "We almost thought you didn't exist."