Chapter.1 New faces?

Author's note: please watch "what if the amazing word of Gumball was an anime?" on YouTube before reading this. Thank you.

"(Yawns) Good morning everyone." Gumball said as he slowly fell out of bed and face-planted on the wooden floor.

He accidentally walked into Darwin's fishbowl due to his blurry vision. The bowl fell and hit the ground, Gumball closed his eyes expecting to hear his fish brother cry out but the sound never came.

"Uh, Darwin?" He asked only to hear no response.

A split second later he heard the sound of someone snoring, he looked up to see a figure hidden underneath the bed covers. Gumball poked the sleeping figure in the eye causing him to wake up screaming and fall from the bed on top of Gumball.

The figure was a dark brown skin tone with brown hair and green eyes. He was wearing an orange hoodie jacket, green cargo shorts, and green sneakers.

"Darwin?" Gumball asked squinting his still blurry eyes.

The figure's eyes grew wide when he saw Gumball and immediately started screaming all over again.

"Why are you screaming!?!?!?" Gumball asked while also yelling.

"Gumball?"

"Yeah dude, it's me. Who else? By the way you look different, did you get........taller?"

"Me? What about you? You kinda......don't look like yourself."

"What are you talking about?"

Darwin held up a mirror to show Gumball what he was talking about, the boy's jaw literally dropped to the ground when he saw his reflection. A majority of his usual blue fur was replaced with a light skin tone leaving only his furry blue ears and tail.

"H-How is this possible? What did we do to cause this?" Gumball asked pinching and pulling at his face making sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Well we do tend to break the laws of physics from time to time."

"But usually everything is reverted back to normal at the end of the day.......but why do we look like this now?"

"(Gasp) Dude! What if everyone else looks different too?"

"(Gasp) To the staircase!"

Cue Batman and Robin scene skipping song.

The two slowly walked down the stairs while also hiding their faces with their hands just in case no one else changed. They were halfway down the stairs when Darwin tripped.

"Ahhhh! Gumball break my fall with your body!" Was all he could say before he knocked into Gumball causing the two to come tumbling down the stairs.

"Boys? Boys is that you?" A familiar voice called from the kitchen.

"Mom?" The two asked in unison as they entered the kitchen.

There, pouring maple syrup on a series of pancake platters as she hummed a song to herself was their mother (or at least their this universe version anyway). Like Gumball her fur was replaced with a light skin tone leaving only her furry blue ears.

"M-Mrs.Mom. How come you look like that?" Darwin stammered.

"Uh, what do you mean dear? I've always looked like this. Or are you talking about the new eyeliner I've been using? Really do bring out my eyes doesn't it?"

She picked up the platters and carried them to the dining table where their little sister sat in her high-chair. Anais, their 4 year old yet smarter baby sister had experienced the same change: Light skin tone replacing her usual pink fur leaving only her pink bunny ears. She was playing with her brand new Daisy the donkey doll when Gumball and Darwin slowly raised their heads on both sides of her.

"Wow, she's changed too." Gumball whispered.

"Just like us." Darwin added.

"What are you guys talking about? I've always looked like this." She asked squinting her eyes trying to figure out what they were up to.

But before she could they left the dining table and entered the living room where their dad was snoring up a storm. He was up all night watching the 12 hour monster truck marathon and passed out after the first hour. Like the rest of the family he had a light skin tone replacing his pink bunny fur leaving only his ears and short pink hair.

They were about to wake him up and ask him does he know anything (most likely not) when they heard a loud horn outside, the morning school bus coming. After quickly eating their breakfast they made a dash for the bus stop just barely making it before it pulled off, both sighed heavily as soon as they took their normal seat. Looking around they noticed that the others bodies and faces have changed overnight as well giving them a more......human look.

"Gumball, what do you think this means?" Darwin whispered.

"I don't know but if one thing's for sure.....I'm looking forward to what Penny looks like!"