𝐈𝐈. alright.

we wake up, we go out

smoke a fag, put it out.

— Supergrass

             THE HEAT IN THE classroom was unbearable for every unlucky person inside

             THE HEAT IN THE classroom was unbearable for every unlucky person inside. Luke had failed US History II and was now stuck in summer school for the rest of the week. He'd been able to talk his way out of having to do the entire summer ( "he" referred to Dave, who was Class President and pretty good friends with Principal Anderson ).

Luke was sitting in the back of the dark room, leaning his head against the wall and pretty much napping. On the other side of the room, Lucinda Aspen was doodling in her notebook not paying any attention to the things that were being shown on the overhead projector.

The class was almost over and the only person who seemed to have taken anything out of it was Kevala, who was there voluntarily and had at least three pages worth of notes spread out in front of her.

Lucie's and Luke's gazes met from across the room as they sent each other a knowing look. "So fucking boring," Luke mouthed.

"I know," the girl rolled her eyes and fell back in her chair. The group of teens sat watching Mrs Benson finish her lesson, before the familiar school bell filled the empty halls and classrooms of Kildare High, signalling the end of today's session.

As Kevala placed all her notes in her book bag, and Lucie did the same with her meaningless drawings ( which she hoped that Mrs Benson thought were notes ), Luke was already out the door, not even having had the decency to bring any sort of school supplies.

Mir and Anna were sitting outside on the ridiculously hot stone wall of the high school and passed each other their now lukewarm iced tea. "How long do these classes go, it feels like we've been here forever. I want to go to the beach," Mirabelle whined leaning her head on her knees.

Anna sent the blonde an amused grin, before fanning herself with her hand. "I heard the bell ring she should be here any second."

Inside the halls, Luke had caught up to Lucie and threw his arm around her shoulder.