Meet and Greet

* Ink speaks in lowercase because he's a Sans, would've made Swap speak in uppercase but it seemed repetitive so I made it so every word he speaks, only the first letter is capitalized.

* Not very good at writing so I fill it up with dialogue.

-

"say, what's your name? i don't think i've seen you around before and..." Dream drones him out, processing what he just said.

"Wait- Did you say Nightmare?" Dream shouts, standing up a little too quickly. Wow, he's short.

"hm? oh yeah, the guardian of negativity, or the "king of negativity" as he dubs it, which is super dumb!"

Dream can't believe it, he already had a lead on Nightmare? His brother? Wait, was this person working with his brother? How did they know him otherwise?

"How- How do you know him?" Dream asks, taking a step back. Ink looks up at him quizzically, he blinks and his eyelights change, one seems to be a random shape while the other is a question mark. How unique, Dream thinks to himself.

"what do you mean? everyone knows him! terrorizing the aus, I mean not as bad as error, but you know," Ink mumbles the last few bits, his eyelights changing once more, "wait, do you even know who i am?"

Dream shakes his head, hopefully not an enemy. Ink looks up in surprise.

"really? you know nightmare but not me?" Ink chuckles, "say, how long have you been introduced to the multiverse?"

Dream pauses to think, technically, when he left Dreamtale he was introduced, right? But this is his first time actually meeting someone new in what? 8 years? He ignores the gut punch that he's missed 500 years of life. So he goes with that answer.

"Uhm, technically now?" Dream answers, fidgeting with his cape, he looks at Ink as he blinks at him.

"sorry, what were we talking about again?" Ink cocks his head to the side. Dream gives a judgemental look to him, but it's fine! He's the Guardian of Positivity, he shouldn't judge!

"We were uh- Talking about how I was just introduced to the Multiverse?" Ink puts a hand on his chin as he thinks, eyelights to the side.

"oh yeah! now i remember, sorry I have a pretty bad memory," Ink laughs as he claps his hands, "well, I'm ink, protector of aus!"

Protector... Of Alternate Universes? So like a Guardian? It would make sense that he knows Nightmare. But it excites Dream, a Guardian like him?

"You're a Guardian? Like me?" Dream asks with a big smile as he walks up to Ink. Ink looks up at him, eyelids raised.

"you're a guardian?"

Dream nods his head, "I'm Dream! Guardian of Positivity!"

"dream and nightmare... positivity and negativity?" It looks like gears are turning in Ink's head as he stares blankly at Dream. Like a lightbulb went off in Ink's head he turns his head to Dream, an excited smile on his face, "are you related to nightmare?"

Dream nods his head, "he's my brother! Could you perhaps take me to him?"

Ink throws up making Dream step back a bit in surprise, "sorry! sorry! i vomit when I get excited!" he smiles sheepishly, but it's quickly replaced by a frown, "sorry, I don't know where he is, and I don't think he'd like the guardian of positivity of all people, even if it is his brother, to waltz all in when he's terrorizing aus."

That makes Dream do a double-take as his eyelights shrink, "sorry, he does what?"

"terrorizing aus? to get more negativity? felt like I mentioned this earlier. did I not?.." Dream drones him out, he knew that he had to defeat him, that he killed people in the village, that he killed the Tree of Feelings, their mother. But terrorizing more universes? Oh no, what happened when he was gone? He's such a bad Guardian! He feels panic bubbling inside him.