Day 6: A date with a Demon

October 28, Wednesday

Cumulus clouds scattered in the morning sky. Despite of it's denseness, it allowed itself to be pushed by the wind but leisurely. The sun was able to reveal itself in the cloudy sky, but barely. The star made its way in the morning sky, waking up the living things on earth.

Waking up from a dreamless sleep, the Demon Lord drowsily opened his eyes. His eyes squinted in discomfort at the sudden brightness. "Morning already?" he thought and lazily went to the bathroom. Using his demon powers, he sent his used clothes back to his room in his kingdom in Hell, and teleported newly washed clothes from his wardrobe.

Turning on the shower, he let the warm water spray to his head, to his slender body. His natural spiky pink hair has flattened due to the denseness of water. He observed his hand as he open and close his palm. "Humans huh.." his voice echoed throughout the room. He has gotten used to being in this weak form, however, if he let his guard down, he will be in great danger.

Minutes has passed, Natsu went out of the bathroom, wearing the same outfit he wore on the first day of his stay in the blonde girl's house. But instead of black, his clothe is colored maroon. Hungry, he decided to go downstairs.

His eyes following the blonde as he watched her happily humming a random song while preparing for their breakfast."I wonder what she is happy about" he thought as he quietly sat himself on the dining chair and continued watching Blondie. His eyes flickered when he realized that his presence is being ignored or rather he is being unnoticed. "Ohayo~" he said emotionlessly and watched the human flinch.

"G-good morning, Natsu" she greeted back to the pinkette. Bringing their breakfast with her, she laid the tray on the dining table and sat herself on the chair. "Geez, why do you always appear out of nowhere. Can't you just appear normally? You're giving me a heart ache" Lucy said and took a sip on the tea she made to calm her throbbing heart from shock.

Natsu looked at the blonde, "Huh? It's not my fault. You're the one who is at fault for being oblivious" he said as he munch on his toasted bread. "Hmp!" was her only reply and pouted in defeat. Spread with strawberry jam and peanut butter, she grumpily took a bite on her sandwhich, still pouting, and is not aware that the demon is watching her.

Blushing, the pinkette stared at the cute face she made. He gulped down the food in his mouth and slightly gaped his mouth. He blinked multiple times when he realized he has been staring at the human girl. Is he falling for her? "No, there's no way I'd fall in love with such a weakling like her" he thought and continued eating his food.

As the two finished eating their breakfast and finished cleaning up the mess they made, Lucy went back to her room while Natsu lied down on the couch in the living room. He stared at the ceiling in boredom. But then his eyes perked when he heard his name being called. "Natsu, I'm going somewhere. Do you want to come?" he heard the blonde say.

He sat up immediately and looked at the blonde who is now in front of him. She is wearing a red jacket which is unbuttoned, and in which reveals the pink blouse she is wearing. She also wears a black skirt which pairs with the black leather boots that she is going to wear, and a pink shoulder bag is resting on her shoulder. "Where are you going?" he asked as he followed Blondie and watch her wear her boots. "I'm going to the mall" she replied.

"What for?" he asked again. He wants to know and to be sure if his time is worth wasting on the named place. "To shop" Lucy replied in a duh tone, "Are you coming or not?". "I'll go" he replied, since he has nothing to do in the house, he decided to go with the blonde. He magically teleported his scale like scarf and wore his sandals in a hurry for the blonde is waiting for him.

The couple walked in the street, towards to where Blondie found him. He is aware that they are going to pass by the heavenly place and was about to ask to be sure, however, a different question came to his mind. "We are not going to ride any vehicle, right?" he asked the Heartfilia, forgetting about the temple. He sighed in relief when he heard the answer that he is yearning to hear. "Yes. Why?" Lucy asked. "U-uh nothing" was the only reply that she heard from the Demon Lord. "I wonder why he asked. Weird.." the blonde thought but shrugged it off and happily smiled and skipped on the sidewalk.