Ch-3 The Sanctuary

A/N: btw, all the witches of sin are going to be in the harem.

Except Typhon. She will have a platonic, sister/sister relationship with the mc.

Y/n POV

My eyes fluttered open and I noticed a weird phenomenon. I noticed that I was no longer in the goblin village. Instead of a goblin village, I seem to be in a vast clear grassland.

I looked around in confusion and stood up, examining the location.

I don't know why, but this place seems familiar.

"Oh, it seems that you've returned." A familiar voice called out to me.

I looked around and saw a little white table with two chairs and a large umbrella to provide shade. My eyes widened on seeing the white haired woman sitting on the chair.

"E-Echidna...?"

"Yes Y/n, it is me." She smiled at me as I approached her.

"What ? But how are you here ? Where am I ? How did I get here ?" I asked her and she laughed.

"Calm down hun. This is my precious sanctuary and it is the place where I reside." She answered.

"But... but I saw you die."

"Well, I meant that this is where my soul resides. My physical body no longer exists, but my existence still remains within the sanctuary, as do the other witches." That last part got my attention and I stared at her in shock.

"Wait.. what?! The others are alive as well ?"

"No exactly alive... but yes. They are here. Satella included. But don't worry, she isn't possessed by Envy right now, so it's alright." Echidna clarified.

"I see... and how am I here ?"

"Oh ? You see, before you left, I and the other witches managed to connect your consciousness with my sanctuary. This means that you can technically access the sanctuary by yourself whenever you want. But you can only come here when your real world body is unconscious or asleep." She explained.

"So... this sanctuary is inside my consciousness... ? I have no idea how that works. So it's like a sort of... imaginary space ?" I asked and Echidna nodded.

"You could say that."

"By the way, that dragon Veldora seems to be getting along with the other witches. Mostly Typhon and Minerva." This surprised me even more.

"Veldora's here?!"

"Well of course he is. This is your own consciousness after all. He's a little afraid of Daphne and Satella, but aside from that I don't see anything wrong." She said.

"Okay... but why is Veldora here ? I devoured him with {Gluttony}." It didn't make sense for him to be in mj consciousness when I absorbed him and his seal.

"Well, technically he isn't inside my sanctuary. But he is connected to this sanctuary like you. He's in the same part of the sanctuary as Daphne, since she's the Witch of Gluttony. As witches, we can simply go there and talk to him, but he can't go anywhere else. Though, you can't really see him since he's in Daphne's personal realm." She explained the entire thing and it started to make sense... a little.

"So, does that mean everything I eat with {Gluttony} is here or...?"

"No. Veldora is only here because you intended on him being alive. Anything you consume with {Gluttony} is broken apart and erased, so none of that exists here. Veldora is an exception."

"Oh... then, can I see the others as well ?" I asked and she grinned a little. Leaning down, she placed her face on her palm and looked at me.

"What ? Am I not enough for you, my dearest Y/n~? Are you unsatisfied by my presence ?" She teased me, making my face go bright red.