Hendery

With a surge of anxiety, Hendery opened the FIND ME forum, eyes darting over the new contents uploaded and a sigh of relief left his lips upon discovering that there was no mention of his name.

He was safe... for now.

It seemed as if his misfortune had fallen upon poor Donghyuck who was being ridiculed all over social media. Hendery's lips curled upwards at the fact as he stuffed books inside his locker, silently relishing Donghyuck's misery, amusement electrifying every fiber of his body. The sound of another locker opening besides his ear propelled him to sneak a glance at his side only to find an unfamiliar girl letting out a peevish groan. Who's she?

''New here?'', Hendery asked, leaning against the lockers, arms crossed and brows lifted. The girl lifted her head up to lock her brown pupils with his, annoyance flickering over her delicate features, mouth pulled into a frown. Hendery steered his gaze from her face to her accessories, drinking in the sight of the heart-shaped pendant adorning her neck and the miniscule earrings on her ears. Hendery couldn't decipher whether she was from a luxurious background or not from her attire, conflicted due to the adequacy of a fashion sense yet the scarcity of brandy items.

''Yes.'' She answered, her tone drab. ''I am Park Sora, nice to meet you.''

''What's with the bored tone?'' 

''This is my eighth introduction today.'' Sora explained, appearing worn out. 

''Are you on scholarship or...?''

''Or are my parent filthy rich?'' Sora finished his question, a bit taken aback by the randomness of the question. ''It's the former.''

''Oh.'' The smile fell from Hendery's lips, all the formerly piqued interest gone. ''And here I thought our Study High was finally steering clear of fucking nerds.''

''Suck my dick.''

''Not even if you pay me.'' Hendery said, vivid repulsion on his face. ''Though I doubt you can.'' 

 Her mouth pulled into a sardonic smirk. ''Aw you must be the rich kids who make their dad's money their whole personality.'' 

''I see you've met Johnny already.'' Hendery scoffed. ''But yes, my father pretty much owns this school, so you better watch your tongue because if my father hears ab-''

''Do you think I care, Draco Malfoy?''

''Draco-who?'' He asked, perplexed. Hendery had never heard of any brand named Draco Malfoy. As far as he was cognizant, it was not a swear word either. At least not that he knew of. Was it perhaps curse word notorious amongst the poor? If that was it, then he'd have no way of knowing it of course. 

Sora threw him an incredulous look, perhaps bummed that her insult did not register inside his brain. Seeing her rendered speechless and left to scrounge for words to utter, Hendery smiled internally at the prospect of vanquishing her, but then she replied, ''Draco Malfoy is my brother, dumbass.''

Now Hendery was rendered speechless. Had a girl placed him in the brother-zone? Him? The guy everyone had a crush on? On top of that, it appeared to him that she was trying to hold in her laughter.  How dare this poverty-stricken mortal muster up the audacity to laugh at HIM?

It was extremely mortifying to the core.

 ''You know what, I have better things to do with my time. So excuse me while I go waste my time on better-''

Sora left before he could complete the sentence, leaving him brimming with mortification and incredulity. Hendery could not fathom her audacity. Who does she think she is?