[02] Dynamic Duo

• — — •

Two: Dynamic Duo

The basketball team had training instead of third and fourth period on Fridays, so Leon glanced at Jayce as they walked to the gym. If Leon had had the choice, he would've walked with any one else. But the two were headed to the same place, anyway; there was no point in saying no.

Alan and Ales paused their hoop shooting to eye the two suspiciously as the unexpected duo arrived in the gym. Leon simply glared at the two and shook his head, and the twins quickly dismissed the topic.

"Don't even comment," Leon said, referring to his entrance with his sworn enemy. "If you two hadn't left me, the principal wouldn't have made me take him to the damn nurse." He rolled his eyes. Ales burst out laughing while Alan smirked.

As soon as all the boys were changed and out of the locker room, the original KingsMount coach—Coach Jonah—instructed the boys to sit on the ground.

To be honest, in all the students' eyes, the two separate coaches seemed to be getting along a lot better than anticipated. Perhaps it wasn't just the Principals who had found a new friend in each other.

"Okay, everyone pair up," Coach Kai instructed, but no one moved. Coach Kai was the KnightsBridge student's original basketball coach, and they knew he wasn't one to let them pick who they wanted to play, there was definitely a catch. "Your pair has to be someone who didn't go to your school before the change, principal's instructions."

Groans sounded from all the students who'd shown up to training, except one.

Leon Guerra Perez.

Jayce sort of hated how humble Leon could be. He never complained, which never gave Jayce a proper reason to hate him other than the whole 'school rivalry' thing.

Although, Jayce did feel an unexplainable hatred towards Leon. He didn't know why nor understood it, he just let it be. The fates had to have had a reason for this constant fire set ablaze within him.

But in contrast, Jayce noticed Leon's features, like the brunette waves that fell loosely over pale, striking hazel eyes, a sharp and well sculptured jawline and full lips that Jayce constantly battled his body to tear his eyes off of. Leon was handsome, no doubt. And Jayce agreed, whether he'd admit it or not.

To Jayce's surprise, Leon looked around at the other students who stood, still as a statue, slowly approaching Jayce with a shrug.

Jayce's mental reasoning as to why he agreed to be Leons parter was narrowed down to the fact that he had no idea who the rest of the guys were. Leon had some weird friends, one of whom pounced at him. His name was Alan, Jayce believed. So there was no way in hell he was pairing up with him. Then there was his twin brother, whose name Jayce didn't even know. He didn't want to work with him either.

"Alright, now everyone is paired up, find another pair and a hoop. Two versus two games, each being the same amount of time as a regular quarter. Good luck."

"It's already wraps." Leon suddenly looked at Jayce with a smirk, his British accent making Jayce shiver. Even though Jayce understood not a word relating to the slang Leon had just used, he knew exactly what he was getting at.

The pair weren't losing any of these.

As the Aces of their former separate teams, putting the two together would make them unstoppable. And they were indeed unstoppable.

In the six ten-minute games they played, the dynamic duo won all of them with ease. And by a lot.

"Maybe you're not so bad." Leon coughed into his fist, clearly not wanting to say it to Jayce's face, and a smile crept to Jayce's lips.