Tears Of Truth

She turns on the bedroom light and discovers, the worst of all, underwear, shirts from formal wear to everyday wear, jeans, shoes and socks lying everywhere from the floor on the bed and following into the bathroom.

The stench of filth that fills the air, she starts to pick up the clothing on the ground and puts them in the hamper placed at the entry door. Each passing second, each underwear she throws into the hamper makes her feel sick, she knows about his bad deeds, she knows about it all. But she can't confront him.

This issue has been discussed many times, she doesn't want to lose him she wants to keep him and she will just for Alex's safety but with Alex back in the house maybe things could go wrong.

She threw in the last clothing piece that lay on the floor and out of nowhere her phone started to buzz in her pocket. She pulls it out and answers it in her normal voice "Kaya Higgins and to who am I speaking to?"

"This is Alexia doctor." The voice from the other side answers

"Oh… hey Miss Alexia, how may I help?"

"You told me two weeks ago that I should come back for my appointment, but you weren't at your office and last week the same…"

"Oh yeah sorry miss, I've been working outside of Santorini with other patients but I can set an appointment this Friday if you like?"

"Yeah that would be great, could we make it around three or four please?"

"I will send you an email with all necessary details. It is necessary that we talk about it and sorry about my absence. I will make it as quick as I can."

"Thanks doctor."

"Ok see you then… goodbye."

Kaya ends the phone call and puts her phone back into her pocket, she resumes with cleaning the room. She took the full hamper downstairs and went back up again. She opens the curtains and opens the windows for fresh air, she can't bear the stench that was left behind many nights ago. Kaya then throws all pillows off the bed with the duvet. She takes the duvet and throws it neatly onto the bare mattress, she sticks her hand over the wrinkles making them straight and neat.

She takes the pillows on the ground and placed them back onto their original spots. The bedroom seems clean enough but she is in the right spot, she walks up to Lucas's wardrobe, opens it and… nothing all his clothes are gone maybe because they are in the hamper but the note…?

She just needs the note, she starts to look everywhere in the room, each corner, each angle and everywhere even where dust can lay to rest. Until it strikes her- his nightstand. She opened the nightstand and with gratitude she found the letter that was given to him, the red lipstick, the phone number. Everything she remembered that was on it is still there.

She felt a spark in her heart, a sense of gratitude, happiness but also a sense of betrayal and anger. She could phone the number and could find the woman he left for, but she could play this out for a while to see what will happen.

She puts the letter in her pocket and goes on with her deeds around the house, the bedroom is neat and she goes downstairs and starts with the laundry. Throws all clothes into neat coloured piles, white, blue and even the tiny yellow pile. She takes the first pile and pushes it in the washing machine, throws washing powder and scented chips in the washing machine. Sets for normal washing and starts it.

The water starts to pour onto the clothing and now Kaya just waits, the downstairs seems neat and the upstairs was tidy enough to be called done. Kaya looks at the clock hanging on the wall of the kitchen '13:15' Kaya then thinks to herself that she needs a break from being a maid and needs advice to know what to do next.