sigh [Anti-Prom Rant]

I'm so tired about people bugging me to go to prom.

I'm not interested, and I've literally said I wasn't going to go since before freshman year even. Yet, here I am in Junior year and all of my friends and my Mom are all trying to pressure me to, and it's fucking annoying.

I have multiple reasons, including:

1)i fucking hate formal events

2)i fucking hate crowds

3)i fucking hate extremely loud spaces

It just sounds like a giant waste of my time, effort, and money, since I'd probably want to leave as soon as I got there. It's like everything I hate all crumpled into a little ball.

I have no clue when prom even is and no one wants to date drop so L. April something I think.

Going back to point 3, I still remember this time when I was younger and my family was at this place and a live band was playing or something. Well, it was too loud for me and my parents literally had to have my grandma come pick me up.

I can't stand how loud my Dad has his volume half the time.

I've always had issues with loud noise and everyone knows that.

Isn't prom just a loud af overdressed crowd?

Two of my friends were going to go together, but then one of them got a date, leaving the other by herself. So of course she starts asking around, including me. I told her no and she understood and moved on, but now I have other friends and my mom getting mad at me. What specifically makes it MY responsibility to go with her? I was the one who was a blatant no from before the beginning.

sorry i value my own wants and needs?

no, because sometimes it feels like my parents don't let me value my wants and my needs.

Sorry for the rant. It just feels really crappy. Like really fucking crappy.