Chapter One 𖤐 I'll Find You.

((u might want 2 skip to the POV you go by
ex: she/her , he/him, they/them
it's all in here))

She / Her Y/N's POV

⏤͟͟͞͞⏤͟͟͞͞

"Y/N L/N?" My head perked up as a woman with a clipboard opened the door. I stood up following the nurse guiding me to my room. She opened my locker and took out a plastic bag with all my things. "Do you need to change?" She asked, I nodded and stepped into the bathroom. I quickly got changed into a black long sleeve V - Neck and my faded denim shorts. My shoes went missing of course, all I had were some hospital socks.
Todays the day, I mentally prepared myself to be released back into civilization. I was taken into another processing room where all my electronic belongings were given to me. "Can you move your hair so I can see your neck?" She spoke, putting on gloves and removing something from its packaging.As she removed the bandages, she proceeded to grab a needle and numbed my neck. Making a small incision and using surgical tweezers to take out an electronic chip device. ( Since it's the future they used these devices that they insert into patients to monitor their well-being, location, and health. Y/N (You) was a patient who recently got into a terrible accident, which meant losing your hand in the incident and some internal organs. Now you had to rely a little bit on robotic parts. Thankfully though you're still 84% human :) .
"Do you know what year it is?" She spoke, "It's.. Uhm.. 2037?" I spoke hoarse, "Do you know how old you are?" I slowly nodded, "I know my birthday past.. I'm 27 now."
My bandages were replaced with new clean ones. "Lift up your sleeve," I nodded and lifted up my left sleeve.
I flipped my forearm upward, I didn't realize how tired I was suddenly getting. I want to stay, I don't have anyone anymore. No one is out there for me, well.. Maybe one person. But I don't think he cares. Especially after I shut him out..
My "arm" opened up, showing all my gears, circuits, and extra attachments. "You have a license to have these weapon attachments.. Right?" The nurse looked up at me, I nodded.
This question caught me off guard, and made me shiver at the thought, "Do you have anyone to support you?"
I held in my breath, "Uhm... I.. I don't know." I spoke quickly, trying to cover my quivering voice.

⏤͟͟͞͞⏤͟͟͞͞

As my final check in came to an end, I hesitantly walked out the sliding doors of the hospital. Staring at the huge holographic billboards, speeding roads of automatic flying cars, and futuristic office company buildings.
I pulled out my phone, hesitantly I dialed a familiar number. I don't know if you need me anymore, but I do. I bit my lip, shakily holding the phone up to my ear.
"Please leave a message after the beep—" I sighed, putting away my phone and boarding on public transit.
I wonder if you still care, I'm such an idiot. I feel pathetic but I'm desperate.
This is gonna be a long ride.

⏤͟͟͞͞⏤͟͟͞͞

I arrived where I needed to be, "Next stop, Chestnut Street." The intercom blared.
I exit the sliding doors of the trolley, making my way to.. his house.
Memories filled my mind.

͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞    flashback ͟͟͟͟͞͞͞͞

Melvin banged on my door, "Y/N, OPEN THE DOOR NOW!"
I had heavy music playing through my speakers, shredding on my electric guitar till my fingers were numb and almost bleeding.
I dropped my guitar which made a loud screeching noise through my guitar amp. I grumbled then shakily opened the door, Melvin stormed in.
"First you don't show up to work, now you're here playing like a goddamn broken record. What is up with you?! Shutting me out like I don't exist?!" He cried, I could tell he pain in his voice. "So, what took YOU so long?"  I spat, turning my back against him. "This project that you're doing and for what, do you really think everything is gonna be better for you if you changed your past, going back in time risking your life for a SCHOOL?!" I angrily grumbled, venom in my tone. "But I know what I'm doing, do you have any idea how many times I spent over and over thinking and contemplating if i'm gonna lose you? The first ever person in my life to have damn common knowledge? I know how I am as a person but I would NEVER throw away the most important thing in my life. And if that's what you think then I'll find millions of ways to prove you wrong." He sounded so sincere, I shouldn't act like I don't care. His face flushed saying this, it almost felt like he was holding back saying something like this for decades . "I.. I love you." His voice was hoarse but he kept his composure.
I felt my heart drop to my stomach, it scared me. I was scared of loving, loving too much then it would just.. slip away.
"N / N ..." He spoke, I felt my heart race. Scared adrenaline rushing through my veins.