CHAPTER : 1

"Elena , honey come on get downstairs we have to leave sweetheart".

My grandmother called.

Leah and Daniel miller are my grandparents and I have lived with them my entire life. I have never met my parents so these guys practically raised me. In case you are wondering my parents are not bad people my grandparents have told me everything about them and that I will meet them when the time comes.

Today I will be moving to my dream college Florida Institute of technology. I live in Jacksonville so it will almost take 4 hours to reach there. My grandpa was loading his SUV, they were both very happy that I was going to pursue my dream. I always loved buildings so I enrolled in the architechture programme.

I was always the studious type. But I was not the nerd . I was a state level basketball player. I was never the most popular that position was for my best friend Sophie Gomez. But still people knew me . Me and sophie were the best duo. I was more introvert and never had boyfriends which I have no idea why. And sophie was more extrovert and had boys swinging around her. I will never know how we became best of friends.

"Elena we are ready to go"

Gosh I completely forgot grandma called me.

"Coming granny"

I checked the room for the last time . How much I will miss my dear room. I went downstairs and granny pulled me in a tight hug.

"Elena my dear child I will miss you, this house would be empty without you. Your parents would be so proud of you , you are so understanding that you never even asked for them. But I promise one day you will meet them." She was in tears and so was I .

"Leah don't get emotional , we don't want her to cry."grandad spoke.

"Granny and Dada I will only be 4 hours away and I promise I will visit frequently and whenever you need me just call and I will be home."I promised them. I will miss them too.

"Now come on enough of crying see sophie is here ".

Sophie came from the back street . did I mention me and sophie are going to same college. It is going to be a hell of a ride . she loaded her bags in my SUV.

"Hey bestie ready to go?"She tossed keys towards me.

"Of course !" I said goodbye to my grandparents once again and then I started the engine and we hit the roads. I get this feeling that this experience will be changing my life forever.

Me and sophie were both swifties so we practically had our own concert in the car the entire ride.

After reaching the campus we took the keys to our dorms as me and sophie would be sharing one and we were so exited about that.

After a while we started organizing the dorm. Correction I started organizing the dorm sophie was busy talking to a second year girl Emily who was also in civil engineering . But it looked like they were gossiping instead of exchanging notes or something.

"hey sof did you see a box labelled clothes?" I asked.

"Oh shoot. I forgot to take it out of the car ".

"No worries I'll get it." I picked the car keys and walked towards the parking lot.

Suddenly something went in my eye so I closed my eyes and I hit a wall and stumbled. Wait a wall in the middle of a parking lot. But someone wrapped their arms around me and I did not fall.

I opened my eyes to see the most handsome boy I have ever seen. He had rare green eyes piercing into my brown eyes . His face was perfect , arms tattooed. Everything was unreal until he opened his mouth.

"if you don't know how to walk then learn to stay at home." He spoke finally.

"if you don't know how to speak then learn to shut up." I replied. Handsome or not how dare he talk to me like that. I was taught to always speak up for myself.

He looked kind of taken aback not expecting to hear what I said and simply walked away.

After I picked up my box I saw him making out with a blond girl on a sports bike.

"of course". I said to myself.

I saw sophie coming towards me .

"What were you doing talking to THE ZAYN''

She said pointing towards 'him'.

" nothing I just bumped into him. Wait you know him?"

I asked with a confused look.

"No silly . Emily told me about him. He is our senior and The Badboy of florida tech.Emily warned me about him . He has quite a reputation with girls."

"Listen Elena I am your best friend and even if you never believe me you are innocent. And a little too innocent for him." She stated.

"Relax soph as if that it is ever going to happen. Look at him." I pointed towards zayn."Now look at me. We both are complete opposites and I hate him already. Besides he is not my type."it sort of calmed her when I spoke this.

"Now enough of boy talk . we have a room to decorate." Saying that sophie sprinted towards the dorms.

I glanced onced towards zayn and saw his green eyes looking intensly towards me sending shivers to my spine. I instantly looked away and started walking towards the dorms.

Elena miller what are you even thinking . College has started and you goal is to stay focused on your studies and avoid any kind of troubles .That means maintain one mile distance from ZAYN.