"A Happyish End, Part one."

They made it to the police station and walk inside to find an officer with brown hair and the standard uniform.

"I would like to report this child to their parents, I'm pretty sure their parents are missing and worried about them." Mariyam said. "Alright" said the officer "Do we have a name for this child?" The child shows their name on the paper.

"Alright then, I'll look to see if we can drive you home okay?" The officer said as the child nodded in agreement.

The officer looks up the child's family and looks at the screen shook.

"Kid, your parents have deceased... though lucky for you your grandma is available and is taking care of your older brother." The cop finally said with sadness in her eyes.

Mariyam couldn't believe it. She looked at Tamari who also had a shocked face just as much if not more than they did, they looked at the child who's on the brink of tears, they looked at the cop who she can tell hates this aspect of her job telling people their loved ones are lost, then she looked down to her feet, in anguish that the world could be so cruel to someone so young.

"I can call whoever is available to come pick you up." The officer broke the silence. "If no one is there I can just drop you off."

The child nods as the officer calls the household. There were some chatting but Mariyam didn't hear they were too caught up in their thoughts but Tamari seemed to just break out of theirs.

"Holy fuck... this turned out worse than I expected-" They nervously giggled trying to make light of the situation. "Tamari," Mariyam said "why don't you help comfort the child?"

"Comfort them?" Tamari asked. "Why me? You're the therapist."
"Because it seems they have an attachment to you." Mariyam stated "Whatever reason that may be it's you they cling onto not me."
Tamari thought for a moment sighed and said "I'll try my best..."

Tamari sat by the kid who was waiting for their brother to pick them up and sat by them talking to them. Just then Mariyam was called into Questioning.

...

"So," a male police officer started. He had dark skin, brown eyes, and the standard uniform. "How did you find this kid?"

Mariyam told the truth and only the truth, about how they found them, how they tried to help, the two parents, the bus ride, everything until here.

"Alright then, that checks out. We will question your brother and the two couples at the aquarium. You may leave."

Mariyam thought it was rather quick for an interrogation but wasn't complaining. They took Tamari in to investigate too but they told them the less accurate truth but still the truth.

They told the story as if it were an adventure, and it kind of was compared to being in the lab. They let them go and they were free to leave whenever but Mariyam insisted they stay with the child until the brother gets here.

...

Finally the brother arrived and got out of his car. He had blue eyes lighter skin and dark hair looking around 17 with a jacket and jeans. The child immediately ran up to him and hugged him as the brother cried in joy to see them again.

"How can I repay you two?" The brother asked. "You don't have to" Mariyam said. The child brought the brothers attention to a drawing they drew it was the same one they did on the bus. "Aww your imaginary friend helped you out didn't he?" The brother said.

"Imaginary friend?" Tamari thought. It all makes sense to why that child stuck to a shitty person like them and not someone like Mariyam who was clearly better than them in every way. The child saw them as their Imaginary friend. Tamari was flattered now that it all makes sense to them.

"Well then, we should go." The brother said but the child held up their finger as to say "hold on". They ran back to Tamari and hugged them smiling. Tamari hugged them back and said "Well, bye then kid." Tamari said with a Bittersweet tone.

The kid let go and let Tamari kept the drawing. Tamari kept it and folded it up into his pocket. "Wait" Mariyam Said. She took the turtle plush out of her tote bag and gave it to the kid "For you."

"Are you sure you wanna give that up?" Tamari asked. "I don't mind." Said Mariyam.

As the kid got in the car and shut the door, Tamari opened the other eyes on their face as the kid looked through the car window and the kid was shocked

"BROTHER LOOK!" They excitedly said pointing to the window but Tamari had the other eyes closed when he looked back. The rest was muffled but they eventually drove off and Tamari giggled.

"We really made that kids day." Said Mariyam "Other than the dead parents stuff, yeah we sure did." Tamari added in agreement.

"Well, wanna head back to the aquarium?" Tamari said. "Sure." Said Mariyam "I need a new Turtle Plush anyway."