Chapter 05 - Even if I am hated, I'll sing

The crowd really liked Senna's song. The cheering was loud and they wanted an encore but Senna promised there will be a next time but not tonight because it's all about LOST EDEN, not her.

She had fun singing. No matter how many years may go by, she will always love singing. She could still hear the cheers that were for her. 

Mist came into the room, "Good job, Senna." 

"You're not going to sing on your own, Mist?" 

"I don't need to. I sing with the whole group." 

"I see. Then? What will Saga do about that boy? If you're going to kill him, do you want me to do the deed?"

Mist thought she was only joking and he poured himself tea to drink. However, when he turned to look at her, he could see she was deadly serious. "You're not joking at all." Mist didn't know what to say. By her words, she was serious...but was it right to ask her to do so? If that boy finds out about them, it will cause a lot of problem. "Knowing Saga, all he will do is erase their memories of Jack."

"...but what if it's not enough?" 

"What do you mean?" 

"You erase their memories, but what if somehow those memories come back?"

"Senna..." Mist put two and two together, "Senna, did something like that happen in the past?" 

Senna closed her eyes and she sighed. She opened her eyes again and she looked at the liquid in her tea that Mist poured out for her. She cupped the mug with her hands to feel its warmth.

"Senna, talk to me. Why did you kill those humans? Surely you didn't kill them just to get on ECLIPSE and Guiltia's bad side." 

Senna looked away, "I can't tell you. I can tell you anything aside from that, Mist."

"Senna..." 

"I have no obligation to tell you what you want to know. You are not my father, my brother, or even a lover. I have no reason to share anything with you." 

"You're absolutely right. I cannot be your father, your brother, and especially not as your lover." He put his hand on her hands, "But I can be your friend. I hope you will tell me. If not me, Beth. Just one of us if you feel like talking." It's hard to find people you could connect with. Especially with them having eternity, it's hard for humans to understand them; those with eternity should be able to understand one another's happiness and pain. As a human, he felt like he was unable to connect with people because of his illness. Now as a vampire, he found himself connections he never had as a human. He's certain what Senna needed were people who could understand her and be there for her. 

Senna smiled, "You consider me a friend even after I took the bed photos with Saga?"

"Don't make it sound like he was willing to be in it. You are annoying at times but I suppose you can be a friend to me too." 

"Haha, are you a tsundere?" 

"Be quiet." 

Senna laughed a little, "Mist, thank you." 

"Hmph. As long as you know what's right for you." 

...

Senna was on the stage. Where the audience stood was now completely empty. Senna was thinking about what Mist said. There's a reason why she couldn't tell him or Elizabeth; if they find out, the three vampires will know. "I'm sorry." She apologized because she couldn't tell them a thing even if she wanted to tell them.