𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟𝐟

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

To start fresh, we gotta take it back.

Starting, we got Roxanne Davis. Roxanne was just like every other kid in her neighborhood. She had siblings, her parents were there and they struggled just like everyone else.

She was the youngest of three kids. Her brothers, Michael and Raphael, were only a few years older than her. Twins actually. Her parents, Michelle and Robert, were the typical, hard-working, good Christian people. Her mom was a cook at multiple different retirement homes and her Dad was a mechanic at a nearby auto repair shop. 

There wasn't really much to say about the Davis family. Roxanne and her mom had a good relationship, and so did she and her brothers. But her father was a different subject. Robert was a difficult man to deal with, so at a young age, Roxanne just stopped dealing with him. Because every time they spoke to one another, it ended in an argument.

And now that she was older, about to graduate high school, the pressure he put on her was more intense than ever. With the struggle of school, and home life stressing her out, Roxanne knew she needed to make some money to get the fuck out of Detroit. And she needed it fast.

So at the age of 15, she got a job at a corner store. She would go straight there from school and complete her homework while at the register or while restocking in the back. But she was a minor, and minors could only work a certain amount of hours because of child labor laws. So she had another job. A job no one else besides her sisters knew about. And the people that paid for it. And about a year or two afterward, she got what she was looking for.

Roxane and her friends, Dominique and Shantae worked under the table at a club near Ecorse called The Player's Club. It was the most jumping club in the state and not just anyone could get in. They convinced the owner, Ms.Vegas, to get them a job there doing private dances. No lap dances, no touching, non of that. Just a regular dance a few feet in front of you on a small stage with a pole.

Dominique and Shantae were like sisters to Roxanne before they even started working at The Player's Club. They all grew up relatively close to one another and being girls from a similar struggle made their bond intensely strong.

They worked at shops surrounding the gas station Roxanne worked at. Dom worked at the hair store while Shani worked at a car wash/auto repair shop. Dominique needed the extra money because she struggled like every other kid in her area, but hers was a little different. She and her baby siblings were being raised by her sick grandparents and she needed the money not only for them but for herself. It was only so much a monthly check could do for them and her. Her folks could drop at any moment and she was gonna have nowhere to go.

Shantae's situation was similar to Dom's. Only thing is, her parents weren't around because there was no other option. They are dead. So she stayed with her cousin's family. She did everything those people asked of her, trying her best not to be a burden in their home. And they worked her like a dog, yelling at her for any mistake she made. And half of her car wash money went to helping them keep food on the table and the lights on, so she needed extra if she wanted to leave that place.

After they started working at the club, business was really booming. Ms.Vegas decided to keep the girls on the low. One was so she didn't get in trouble for hiring minors but she also knew that people would pay big money to just be in the same room as those girls.

They were called The Hidden Ladies. Lady Foxy D, Lady Diamond, and Lady Storm.

Everyone wanted to know what these ladies looked like since rooms were only given to very rich men. Not long after that, rumors started to spread about the ladies. People say they fucked, how they look, who they were, and more.

And from there on out, money was steady for Roxanne and the girls. She worked two jobs and was saving money for life after school. Now all they needed to do was to keep up the act. And deal with the people along the way.