Chapter 5

Valerie sat in Gothi's hut glancing at the old woman who did the checks on her body, it was very simple things that were done, like checking her pulse and appetite things like that. Valka insisted that she needed the check up just to be sure that she had what they needed for the child to grow. When Gothi was done she looked at her tilting her head following her over to the sand on the ground her way of communication "is everything okay?" she asked and the women smiled writing in the dirt showing everything was okay, she let out a sigh of relief her hands falling on her belly fingers lacing together. Everything was going to be fine.

After her check up she made her way down to the village, pushing her way through the many dragons walking around the streets along with dodging some children running around and playing a smile on her face as she watched them. She reached the blacksmith where there was a gathering, the others were too busy doing something that they didn't notice her coming, well except for her brother "ah, Valerie. Nice of you to join" he joked and she rolled her eyes jabbing his ribs with an elbow making her brother let out a chuckle "you know, why" she responded and he poked out his tongue at her that she just looked at "your twentytwo, not six" was all she responded with grabbing his tongue with her fingers making him yelp, she let him go walking forward to the others "so, what happened?" she asked, for they didn't just meet up like this if it wasn't for something that has happened.

"Someone's here" Hiccup responded and she raised her eyebrows as Gobber let out an unsure sound and Tuffnut picked up a dart they had found at the woods "he managed to slip past our scouts and lay a trap in the woods" he continued Tuffnut let out a growl throwing the dart in his hand Valerie dodged just in time and it hit into a berrol Eret was carrying, he raised his eyebrows at the small thing as Valerie looked back at the male twin "it ruined boy talk!" he exclaimed as he threw it and they all looked at him, as Eret let out a sound taking the dart in his hand. "Let me at 'em!" Gobber yelled swinging his prosthetic arm, Valerie instantly acted going to stop the man "whoa, dad, easy now" she soothed placing her hands on his arms.

"Slow down, Gobber. Let's get a search team on the ground. Scouts in the air. Toothless and I will fly the coast line" he explained, holding out his hands as he spoke, Eret cleared his throat and they turned to him, his eyes focused on the dart in his hand "yeah. I wouldn't advise taking Toothless anywhere chief" he turned his gaze to the young chief his fingers fumbling with the dart "I know this handy work. Grimmel the Grisly. Famous back from where, me and the Stormborns are from" Both siblings rolled their eyes at his words which he ignored continuing "the smartest dragon hunter I ever met. Next to me of course" he stated handing the dart to the redhead beside him who looked at it in her hands.

"Well, he can't be that smart. He left his trap unmanned" the brune pointed out and Eret let out a laugh, making Valerie glance up at her old friend "nothing's accidental when it comes to old Grimmel. He lives for the hunt, to get inside the mind of his prey, to control its choice. It's all a game to him" he explained as Valerie handed the dart to Astrid who took it out of her hands looking at the dart like Valerie did "well, he doesn't know who he's playing with" she stated looking up at the others "yeah. We've dealt with his kind before" Hiccup pointed out. Eret just looked at him letting out a breath crossing his arms "don't underestimate him, Hiccup. Mark my words, he'll be back" he explained and Hiccup looked back at him "then we'll be waiting for him" he responded stubbornly, the rest were now going away to plan their next move Eret pulled Valerie back.

"What is it?" she asked and Eret looked over his shoulder to the others before turning back to her, letting out a breath "I just wanted you to know, before we go in" he stated and she furrowed her eyebrows "know, what?" she asked tilting her head, Eret looked at her crossing his arms "Grimmel was the man you were supposed to meet all those years ago" the woman dropped her stance arms falling to her sides, her face falling "what?" she asked, the twenty six year old squeezed her shoulders. "I know, that what you have now makes you happy, but it is good to know what you're up against" he explained and she looked up at him pushing his arms away, "it doesn't matter at this point. If he does try to hurt anyone especially Hiccup, then I will end him myself" she hissed, this was the father of her child and she wanted him to experience it, Eret stared at her as the walked past him "that's one hell of a woman, she's grown into" he told himself, shrugging his shoulders following after.