Chapter 26

The next day, Brian and Mary decided to go to New York to at least give half of the 1000$ dollars they owed to Vincent. Brian luckily knew where Vincent lived since they lived in the same apartment building once, so they rented a car and drove down those familiar New York City streets he and Mary knew so well. Even though they were shitting bricks about what the outcome of this meeting would be, they were still cautiously optimistic about Cole and his goons at least staying out of the studio. They eventually arrived at their destination, a grimy, run-down apartment which looked neglected and dilapidated. Brian and Mary entered the apartment, and the interior was even worse. Mary swore she saw a cockroach crawl across her platform shoes, and crumbs of gas station food were scattered all over the carpet. Eventually, Brian and Mary found where the room where Vincent lived and Brian, his arms trembling in fear, knocked. Oddly, Vincent was not home, but Tiffany and her friends were. Tiffany, irritated at her get-together being so rudely interrupted, said. "Hello. Is this about the loan you owe my uncle?" 

Brian replied. "Yes. By the way, sorry about making fun of you for being butch. I say pretty mean shit when I'm pissed. Also, yes. I don't have all the money yet, but I'm gonna at least pay half the loan off for Vincent, how about that?"

Tiffany shouted to her friends. "Everybody! That Webber dude says he's gonna pay half the loan off! He's a fucking cheapskate!"

Wendy, exasperated, replied. "Half? That's not enough. God! I haven't felt this terrible since I went cold turkey!"

Mary handed the bill to Tiffany, and she observed it closely. "Hold up. This has got to be some sort of joke." 

Cole shouted. "Yeah! Where's Vincent's money! You hear us!? Where's the fucking money!"

Brian replied. "But everyone, why do you want the money so badly!?"

Tiffany replied. "It's for my uncle's cancer treatment, cocksucker. He needs it so he can live. I literally owe him my fucking life. He made sure I was fed during a rough time in my teenaged years."

Wendy replied. "You heard Tiffany! Now go home where you excuses of human beings belong! Now fuck off!"

Cole replied. "Yeah, next time we won't be as nice!"

Brian and Mary left the unit, slightly guilty that they didn't have the money to pay for Vincent's treatment. "So that's what the loan was intended for." Brian thought to himself.

Just then, Mary found a cassette tape on the floor. She read the words written in marker at the top. The cassette's name? For Damon. From Cole. Mary decided to bring the cassette home with her. If it still worked, Mary thought to herself, the VideoVision late night show could play the tape on television, which could make Cole famous, or mildly famous at least considering the channel was only seen in the Los Angeles area, and she and Brian would give a cut of the donations to Tiffany's uncle. It seemed like the perfect plan to save both the channel, and Vincent's life.