[•Chapter 10: Memorials•]

As Scott put the green Gem in the staff, Gem sat up and turned to Joel,"Hey, Joel? Since you were alive for years thanks to someone, what did you do?", Joel turned to Gem, he cleared his throat and stood up,"I can show you.", Scott nods,"Sounds good, this needs to set to make sure the Gem won't fall off or out of the top of the staff.", Joel nods, Pix got his polaroid ready, Sausage was always excited to see this as well and made a note for him to ask Pix for the pictures later.

~

Joel took them to a portal, picking up Hermes,"Just through the portal and you'll see.", Scott went first, followed by Gem, Sausage and Pix.
Joel turned to Hermes with a smile,"Let's see something beautiful I created.", Hermes nods and they went into the portal.

=

"WOAH!"
"THIS IS BEAUTIFUL JOEL!"
It was a long hallway of a gave, but there was glass stained that were designed of each Emperor or Empress.
"You made this?!"
"Yeah, there is no light. But to make them stand out, so I used glowstone to make them glow."
Scott looked at his,"My antlers looked ridiculous, didn't they?", Joel nods, but Gem shook her hand,"King of-", "Yes.", "Joel!", Joel held his hands up as a surrender, Hermes ran to look at the people and was wondering why they didn't have any faces.
"Why do we or the others have a face, like eyes or mouth?"
"It was hard to do, and I messed up so many times I just gave up."
Gem chuckled, they could see flowers,"Did you miss us?", "Yeah. . . I could only watch you guys, live your new lives but I never guessed Gem and Scott remembered everything.", Gem shrugged,"I was kind of born as some type of Shapeshifter. . .", "And I was cursed.", they turned to Scott,"Nothing new really, I have bad luck.", Scott cleared his throat.
Pix took pictures of it all,"Was this The Copper King?", he pointed to the Copper King's portrait.
"Yep that's him."
Hermes picked up Lizzy's old trident, making Sausage panick and chase him for it even though he knew Pix may come back for it for his museum.
". . ."
"!"
"Wait!"
Gem looked closer. . .
"THE MEDALLION!"
Scott turned to her,"Huh?", "Look! That's what is missing from the treasure room!", she pointed to the glass and sure enough, the small detail of a necklace was around The Copper King's neck.
"Oh yeah! I remember now, he made that didn't he?"
Gem nods,"And you would need to pry it off his dead body!", Scott nods,"He was protective of his stuff.", Pix turned to them,"Maybe it's still on his person?", "Maybe. . . But we still don't know if he's dead or not.", and then there was the risk of grave robbers that took the medallion and sold it off.

=

Scott looked at the book again, he was sure there was something hidden in this book but what?
"Did invisible ink exist back then?"
"No. . ."
"Actually yes."
They looked at Pix,"I'm pretty sure a lot of people used lemon juice to write secret messages and when you apply heat to it, it should reveal some messages.", Gem turned to Scott, who sighed,"No, we're not throwing the book in the desert. What we can do is get an iron.", Gem nods and flies to find one and heat it up.
"Did you get good pictures?"
Sausage turned to Pix, Pix smiled and held them up,"Yep. They take time to develop or thanks to the hallway being dark they developed faster.", Hermes look over Sausage's shoulder at the pictures and for a polaroid Pix got pretty good pictures.