Christmas...

(Smantha's POV)

I woke up very excited for today. I'm surprised I finally fell asleep last night. Our family tradition on Christmas was to wear the ugliest Christmas sweater ever! I wore the same one as I wore last year. It has two reindeer and they have red jingle bells as their noses. It's long enough just to cover my bum so i wore long black legging with my red slippers. I just threw my hair up because we do nothing except presents, movies, and hot chocolate.

 I don't think Harry had any Christmas sweaters laying around so I didn't bother telling him about our tradition. I went downstairs and my mom had her sweater on with Christmas tree in the middle. She was already making our cups of hot chocolate.

"You know, Harry doesn't really like chocolate mom." I told her because all Harry drank was blood.

"Oh, okay then." She said a bit confused and put the powder back into a baggie. 

I turned on the radio and started playing traditional Christmas music. I ran upstairs and got my present for Harry and my mom and put it under the Christmas tree next to my presents. I heard the door bell ring and my mom give Harry a very loud hello. I came in and Harry had a presents and a cheesy smile probably bored with my moms conversation. 

"Hi Harry!" I said.

He turned "Hi Sam."

I gave him a hug and took the present to put under the tree with the others. We brought our hot chocolate into the living room and turned off the music to put in 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas'.

"Do you want anything do eat or drink Harry?" My mom asked as I sat next to him.

"Oh, no. I ate before I came." He said.

When the movie was almost over I could see my mom's head drop a couple times because she was falling asleep. I looked at my phone. It was only 2:30. 

"What?" Harry startled me a bit. I noticed his arm made its way around my shoulder.

"Nothing. My mom is falling asleep." I whispered.

He looked over at her on the chair and chuckled a bit.

"Mom.." 

She twitched a little from me startling her and then looked at me. "Yes?"

I laughed "Mom you were falling asleep!"

"Oh, I'm sorry guys."

"Well the movie is over anyways."

"How about we make some cookies?" she suggested. "Even though Harry won't be eating any." She winked.

I liked making cookies and it could be a new experience for Harry too. I hopped up and went to kitchen with my mom. Harry walked in soon after we got all the stuff out. My mom preheated the oven and I was showing Harry everything that was needed and how much to put into the bowl. I'm sure he wasn't stupid. I mean he was human for a while so I;m pretty sure he knows what flour and eggs are.

After we had everything mixed together we started putting equal sizes on the cookie sheet and my mom put them in. While we waited for those to cook I thought it was a good idea to open our presents. 

"Harry, do you want to open presents now?"

"Sure, but I have to wash my hands." He went to the kitchen sink and washed his hands off so did I. My mom didn't get her hands dirty so she went back into the living room. 

"So, what do you think?"

"I guess I kind of like the theme of Christmas. It feels like a family atmosphere, but with my family gone, it doesn't feel right."