All Bets are Off

The sun shines bright over Chatol, the warm sun shining over the big city, without a cloud in the sky. Sun rays beam through the window of Liz's house, where Mark sits in the living room. He's sat down on the couch, bouncing his leg impatiently. He had been waiting for Haze and Silver to get back from their scavenge for some time now.
"I should've gone with them." Mark says out loud, fearing the worst has happened to their friends.
"They were doing just fine before we found them." Liz says positively, looking through her kitchen cabinets. "Those two know how to carry their own, and especially together." Liz opens another empty cabinet, frowning at it. "I swear we had 2 slices of bread left, where did they go?"
"Oh, that...might've been me." Mark says embarrassedly, scratching his head.
"What am I gonna do with you?" Liz jokes, entering the living room. She gently pets the top of Mark's head, to which he blushes and smiles. A few knocks ring out against the wood of the front door, filling Mark with relief. "See? They're fine! Maybe they're a bit injured but nothing we can't treat." Liz says, as she makes her way to the front door. She unlocks and opens the front door, ready to welcome Haze and Silver back. She looks on at horror, as a small metallic barrel is pointed right towards her, having her frozen in fear. A blue beam is fired out of the small cannon, sending Liz backwards into the house. Mark jumps up from the couch.
"Liz! Are you ok?!" He says, shaking as he gets down on his knees. Her whole body has turned an icy blue, her movements completely stopped, her breathing absent.
"I'm sorry my dear friend." The Bernard says, entering the house. "But it's just business." Mark is unable to pull his eyes away from Liz, his fur on his face getting damp from tears.
"You couldn't protect her." Jack says, now aiming his miniature cannon directly at Mark. "You couldn't protect her." He repeats, his voice growing louder. "You couldn't protect her. You couldn't protect her. You couldn't protect her! You couldn't protect her!" Several unseen voices chant, growing louder and louder, as more voices come out of nowhere. The voices come from every direction, showing no end. Jack fires the beam at Mark, causing the blue beam to quickly fly at him at high speeds.

Mark's eyes open wide, as he quickly scans the room. He sits up from lying in his bed, and looks around every corner of the room. After confirming his reality. He flips the blanket off of his legs, and stands up out of bed. He makes his way into the hall of the house, and across the hall. He slowly and cautiously opens the door to Liz's room, and peeks inside. Liz is sound asleep in her bed, laying on her side. Mark smiles to himself, as he closes her door.

The sun slowly rises over Chatol, as Mark scavenges through the kitchen, looking for something him and Liz can eat. Mark hears Liz yawn as she makes her way downstairs.
"Morning sleepyhead." Mark says friendly, as Liz walks into the kitchen. Mark, wearing a blue tank top and cargo shorts, tosses one of two apples to Liz, who is still in her PJs.
"You're up earlier than usual, why's that?" Liz says, taking a bite from the juicy apple.
"Did ya bump your head getting out of bed?" Mark says in a light playful tone. "Have you forgotten what today was?"
"Have you forgotten what tomorrow is?" Liz says, crossing her arms, joining in with Mark's playful manner.
"Check your calendar Liz." Mark says, taking a bite from his Apple. A few knocks tap against the front door, of which Mark approaches. He gently places one paw on the handle of his knife, as he opens the door. A very happy Haze and a very tired Silver greet them.
"Hey guys, come on in." Mark says, happy to see them. Haze happily sprints inside as Silver sighs to himself and walks in.
"Who else is just as excited as I am!" Haze says, unable to contain his excitement.
"Yes Haze, we're all excited for this trip. I think we've earned it." Mark says, closing the door behind them.
"I'll say. I'm so tired of fighting, I need this get away." Silver says, collapsing on their couch. "Which means I would appreciate if someone would contain themselves. Hint, hi-"
"Hi Liz! Are you ready for our big trip to the Casino!" Haze says, stars in his eyes. Liz flips through her calendar, confirming her to be wrong.
"I guess that is today. Well, I guess I am! Thanks for organizing this Silver, this is a great way for the four of us to spend the Harvest Festival together." Liz says happily.
"What's the Harvest Festival again?" Haze asks, still trying to learn the Chatol Calendar.
"The Harvest Featival is a tradition held at the end of Naturefall. During this time, crops are beginning to turn perfectly ripe, and over the next few days, farmers are harvesting those crops before they wither and die." Mark states.
"Oh, right. I knew that." Haze says, remembering when they told him the first time.
"I thought while everyone is busy, we all can spend some time at the Chatol Casino, relax for once." Silver says, stretching his arms.
"I have a few more things to pack, but I'm ready to leave if you guys are." Mark says.
"Yeah sure, take your time." Silver replies, itching his neck. Mark heads upstairs to grab a few more things, as everyone talks and laughs downstairs. Mark and Liz change into more appropriate clothes, everyone grabs their bags, and heads out the front door. Liz locks the door behind them as Haze happily sprints ahead. Not before long, Haze sprints back to them.
"Where is it again?" He asks.