Chapter Twelve

When my mom picked me up from school Thursday, I couldn't have been happier. I had five tests, and all of them were hard. I was moody, and needed a break. 

I also had to give Theo back his jacket. Which I was obsessed with, it was so warm, and big. Plus it smelled like him.

"Okay, sweetheart. I was thinking that we could have a family night. Play some games, on my day off? How does that sound?" She asked as soon as I got my buckle on.

"That sounds great, Mom. Can we order pizza too?" I asked, pulling out my phone. Theo and I started texting each other, and I loved it.

We kept it light and flirty though, our actual conversations were done in person. And last night he called me to say goodnight. I felt like a princess, and we talked for nearly a half an hour.

"Wonderful, pizza and a game night." My mom said, starting toward home.

What are you doing after school? He sent that about ten minutes ago, so I was quick to reply.

Family game night, where my parent's help each other cheat to beat their seventeen year old daughter and their five year old son. Usually ends in someone crying. Typically my dad. His name was saved as Prince Charming in my phone, and I wondered what my name was saved as in his phone.

I thought about it for a second before sending another text. Do you want to come?

"Hey, Mom. Can Theo come tonight?" My mother cheered, and I nearly screamed her hands were far from the wheel, and a bit of swerving was going on.

"YES! My baby girl is growing up. She's bringing her boyfriend's home, and graduating...When does marriage come in?"

"Mother! Eyes on the road, and stop with the marriage talk. Theo and I aren't dating yet. He's wooing me first..." My mother giggled in excitement. Goodness. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

My phone dinged. Sound's dramatic.

Another ding. I'll be there at five.

I still couldn't help but grin ear to ear at the idea of spending time with Theo, and sent a quick reply. Even texting him was exciting.

When we got home my mother rushed into the house, me in tow.

"You have to go put on something nice...that blue sundress." She pushed me towards the stairs.

I scoffed, "Mom! It's the middle of winter. I'll put on a bikini." I stomped up the stairs. 

"Very funny! You get your sense of humor from your dad." She snapped back.

"Dad's not funny!"

"Exactly!"

I changed into a light pink dress, and put on a jean jacket. After freshening up my makeup and hair, I was done. I didn't look phenomenal, but at least I looked cute, and decent. 

Staying barefoot, I ran downstairs and into the kitchen. "Dad!" I yelled, and got nothing in reply.

"Fine, I guess you don't want any mozzarella sticks!" I pulled the box from the freezer and started preparing enough for about four people.

"You better put about ten more of those delightful cheese sticks on that baking sheet, or so help me god." My dad threatened, coming out of nowhere, and taking the box from my hands. My dad may be a skinny beanpole, but he sure has an appetite.

"Ten!? Early elephants, that's a lot." I opened the oven for him, and he put them in.

"Good teamwork!" He high fived me, and we both waited the ten minutes it took to bake them. My dad wanted to make sure they were perfect, and I just didn't want my dad to burn down our house. And I wanted to make sure he wouldn't eat them all.