Alone with Her Guard

Xavier

She grabbed my arm and pulled me out.

I never let people touch me.

I shook my arm and glared at her. "Don't touch me." I growled.
Normally people would shrink back in fear. I have what you would call an 'intimidating figure.'
Instead of getting embarrassed or cowering, she looked me straight in the eye.
"Or what?"

"Or I'll have to punish you." I said coldly.

"Yeah? How?" She said, a glint in her brown eyes.

I took a step forward.

"Don't challenge me princess." My tone was ice cold.

She just chuckled. "You're not gonna hurt me, you were hired to protect me." She said like she was stating the obvious.

How naive could this little princess really be?

"Not everyone wants to protect you."

"That's great to know because I don't need protection" She paused. "And I certainly don't need you."

I pulled a knife out of my pocket and pinned her against the wall with my arms.
I put the knife to her throat.
I wasn't actually going to cut her, though I wanted too.
Not yet I told myself.

"W..what are y..you doing?" She stammered. She looked shocked and for the first time, I saw fear in her eyes.

"What now princess?" My voice was low and cold. "What happens when there's a knife to your throat or a gun to your head? I guarantee that there are people out there who will kill you the second they can and they won't think twice."

"Ok," She tried struggling to get out of my arms, "I see your point."

I still had her pinned.

"Can you let me go?"

I smirked.

"Xavier. Let me go."

"What's the magic word?"

Up this close I could smell her scent. She smelt like lilies. I could feel her heart beating against my arm.

She rolled her eyes but looked much more relaxed now.

"Please?"

I dropped my arms.
When I looked at her again, she was still looking at me.
When she saw me look, she glanced away quickly.

"Ok um, how about I show you around?" Her voice was much softer then before.

"Ok princess."

She started walking.
"You know, you say that like it offends me."

"Say what?"

"Princess."

"Does it?"

"No." She thought for a minute. "Maybe if I wasn't an actual princess. Or if like a rebel got me and was like, 'you stupid little princess.'"

"What if it was the rebel leader" I asked.

She laughed. "Nah. I've heard he's mega hot."

I couldn't help but laugh too.

She showed me around a few other rooms.
She stopped walking. "Ok so this is your room. Mother wanted it to be next to mine in case something happened."

We walked inside. "So we share a door, but you have your own space and everything. Mom took out my lock because I used to always lock my guards in their rooms."

"Of course you did."

"I guess you could lock me in my room. You better not though, I swear."

"I might have to to keep you in check."

She laughed and then turned towards me."Ok, so you can get settled in if you want, I'll give you a tour of the rest of the palace later."

"If you want." She quickly added.

"Princess you do realize that my job is to watch you right?"

"Oh mom probably forgot to tell you. You start your job tomorrow so you don't have to do anything tonight. Mom wanted you to get settled in."

"Ok."

"Alright uh bye Xavier."

"It's guard to you."

She laughed as she walked away. I could hear her slippers going down the stairs until they faded away completely.

I looked around my room. It was big, really big. I walked over to her room. It was a light blue color and white.

So this is where the princess lives.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Author

Hi guys!

This chapter is quite a bit shorter then my other ones but I got tired last night and didn't have anymore ideas for the chapter.

Enjoy the book!

685 words