⊱ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1 ⊰

⊱ 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐞𝐚 ⊰

.·:*¨༺👒༻¨*:·.
✦·  ·  ·  ·  ──────────────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

"Eughhh! I don't think that'll do at all! We've barely got any traces on where that sea vermin is! She's constantly changing some kind of thing about herself or our troops keep getting miraculously taken away!"; a voice said from one side of a Den-Den Mushi (transponder snail). 

An elderly man was perched, leaning against a railing near his office. His strong gaze watching over the waves below him, palm trees swinging with the wind. He looked down at the den-den mushi in his hand. Staring at it with a stern gaze. Replying shortly with; "I could give two hells about where our troops are going! Our main focus should be tracking those damned pirates' whereabouts." - "B-But Sir! If our troops keep being removed, there's no way we'll find their stronghold!-" the voice pleaded. An angry exhale came from the elderly man. He scrunched his fist against the shell of the den-den mushi, His gaze gawked at the sight of the wanted poster hanging on his office' corkboard. He soon muttered out "Don't inform me again until you have found a single clue as to where that Pirate crew could and would be potentially brought to light."; and with that. He hung up his call, storming into his office, leaving his balcony doors open. He sat down in his chair, looking at that same disgusting wanted poster he so ever despised...The name reading "Zyla.L Knight". 

"Believe me when I find out your little secrets, The Marines will be sure to find time for your execution." He said. 
His gaze soon averted to look down at the papers, all containing demands, complaints and many more things He's been enlisted responsibility over. Eventually a knock on the door could be heard. 

"General Vice Admiral Gates! Your food is here!" Said a young mans voice in an affirmative tone. 
The man looked to the side of his desk and saw the door open, the young man carrying the tray of food stood looking ahead of him in respect. 

"Just put the food down. Tell those blasted souls I'll be there soon." Mr.Gates said, as he looked back down at the papers he had been reading. 
The troop set down the food, and heard his command he said "Yes Sir!" And exited quietly. Leaving the Vice Admiral Gates, to his work. 

✦·  ·  ·  ·  ──────────────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A young woman was walking alongside a few shops in the market she was in. Her attire was filled with nothing but vacation vibes. She looked to be like any other civilian walking...Or was she? 
She was attired in a Sun hat, Glasses and a beach dress. She had a list in hand and a bag. 
She walked passed many stalls filled with enticing snatches and gifts, but that wasn't her main focus was it? 

"Hm...This doesn't look like the place, now does it?" She had said to herself. She tilted her head and looked back at the papers many times, giving a soft sigh, she could hear the disappointment in her thoughts. She turned on her heel and began to walk another way in hopes she'd find this Cafe, she was meeting up with...a "Someone". 

After what felt like a long and tedious walk the young lady had finally found herself the Cafe she was in search of! 
With a confident air she had walked into the Cafe. Looking around it with her eyes, she moved forwards towards a seat to sit, She kept a watchful eye of her surroundings and was sure to wait. 
She had taken her order for a  few simple teas and snacks. 

Eventually another individual had walked into the Cafe with a same watchful eye, she smirked and waved her hand for them to come join her. 

"Ahh so you've finally decided you'd appear? Do you know how long I've had to walk." She had said. 

The voice walking to the table glared up at her, soon to reply with "Why don't you cut the short talk and we'll keep our word on this quick exchange."; taking a seat in front of the female. "Zyla." They finished. 

"Mmm, that is no way to speak to a lady, now is it?" Zyla replied confidently. 
"Hmm, alright, I've got your little map, hand over yours and we'll finish this trade." as Zyla said that, she had raised the folded up map she had in her bag, motioning it towards him.

The man who had been exchanging maps motioned his towards her. Just in convenient time their drinks had come. Zyla gave a friend smile as she picked her glass of tea up, looking down at it and giving a subtle smirk. 

"So...Do tell me exactly what this treasure should be doing in my hands again?" She had asked. 

The man took his glass of tea, and with little thought to it, he had taken a sip, replying shortly after - "It should help you maintain a clear understanding of the weather. Yes? Im sure you're headed that way, it should come alongside some treasure with it, yeah?" 

"Mmm, Yes." Zyla smirked softly and eventually set her drink down. "Well, I should probably get going now...You won't miss this map one bit." 

As soon as Zyla had stood up, she looked back at the man, placing a hand on his shoulder, patting it softly and giving what felt like a fake warm smile. 
As she had walked away, the man watched with a skeptical eye, looking down at the map and then her in confusion, he opened the map soon after and saw it was nothing but ink splatters all over it. He gave a shocked face and shouted "YOU FOOL! COME BACK HERE WITH MY MAP!"; standing up and rushing after, ahead of time Zyla looked back and swiped her hand upwards with a grin. 

Strings in the color of Lilac could be seen shooting out from her fingertips. With a wide grin she snapped her free hands fingers, the strings wrapped around the mans legs and arms. 

"Now now, I did a fair trade with no questions asked, now did I?" Zyla said in a soft voice. "Mmm'oh well, I did keep some of my word." Swiping her hand one last time, the man was sent flying. Leaving at that she turned on her heels and began to walk forwards, she's finished her business here. 

Eventually she had returned to a port, she was looking at the map and nodding her head. 
Quietly talking to herself. 

"My goodness, this looks like a dangerous route, I might need a crew for this, huh?"; turning her head and nodding. She now has a new mission. 

Walking through the dock and finally arriving at her small ship. 

✦·  ·  ·  ·  ──────────────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

Art by: raven_rujovana (Me)