Chapter 10

" Get me this one tupac " I say pointing to a sticker picture of a vanilla ice cream with Sprinkles .

he nods his head .

" let me get the vanilla with sprinkles " he says.

Damn his voice is deep.

We get our ice cream & start walking around the park .

" can I ask you a question " I say licking my ice cream

" go ahead ma "

" why do you portray this thug life style character that song today at the studio it was like you were a different person "

He chuckles.

" what's your definition of thug life ?" He says finishing his ice cream .

" a criminal , a killer , a violent outlaw " I say .

"The Hate they Gave Little Infants Fucks Everybody, meaning, what you feed us as seeds, grows, and blows up in your face, thats Thug Life."

I give him a confused face .

" I don't understand " I say throwing My cone in the garbage .

"
T.he
H.ate
U
G.ive

L.ittle
I.nfants
F.ucks
E.veryone" he tells me like I'm a first grade student just learning words .

"
Contrary to popular belief, a person who leads a "Thug Life" is not criminal. The acronym made popular by me has nothing to do with being a "gangsta" or anything of the sort, rather, it stands for all the socially oppressive things we are taught at a young age that negatively affects us (or society) as adults.

When parents teach their children to hate a certain group of people because they are "different" than them, that in turn "fucks everyone," and the people who are victims of that hate, live a "Thug life"

Many people who aren't familiar with my work commonly mistaken the phrase as someone who is a "gangsta",lowlife, "criminal," etc. not realising that there is much more to the acronym than meets the eye ."