Three

The bell rang, indicating that you had survived your first day of school. You sighed in relief before grabbing your backpack and getting ready to leave the classroom.

"Ashikaga-Chan! Do you walk home?" Baba asked. She hastily stuffed her folders and books into her backpack.

Should I walk home? Your dad dropped you off this morning. During the car ride, you had been teetering in and out of sleep. However, you could always just plug in the address and follow your GPS. If you walked home with Baba, that may guarantee you a spot in her friend group. If you got lost you could always call your dad.

"Ah.. yes I do. Why?" You sent a quick text to your dad. Looking up from your phone, you were met with Baba trying to close her backpack

"Ah-er.. give me one second!" She huffed.

Every time she zipped the backpack up, the zipper would immediately go back down. She started to get more frustrated each time the zipper went down.

You chuckled as she threw her backpack onto her desk and put her leg onto the chair for support.

"Ah- Baba.. do you need help with that?" You sweatdropped.

"No-no! I'm planning to be a hero and have been training like crazy these last couple of weeks. If I can't zip my backpack, how am I supposed to be able to fight crime!" She muttered through her teeth.

"Ah-but.. Bab-"

Her hands slipped from the zipper and it sent her to fall backward onto the ground.

"Baba, are you okay?" You rushed to her laying on the floor.

"My zipper beat me..." she huffed before she began to laugh.

You chuckled at her behavior and the weirdness of the situation. Your mind replayed the moment her fingers slipped from the metal zipper leading her to fall backward. Each time the moment relayed you began to laugh a little harder. A couple of seconds later you were both on the ground in hysterics. Attempting to make jokes but having to gasp for air before talking.

——

"Ah.. I can't believe we live on the same street!" Baba slung her arm around your shoulder.

"I'm surprised too but I'm glad I didn't have to walk home alone. I would have gotten lost." You mumbled the last part.

"Yeah... I mean it's your first real day in Japan. Why did you decide to walk home anyway?" Baba questioned.

You began searching your mind for an explanation. You didn't want to seem clingy and say that you just wanted to walk home with her. Friends in your old school said that you were often smothering at times. Baba was your first friend in Japan, would she see you as clingy? Lying about your parents forcing you to walk seemed bad too. I mean your mom was pregnant and your dad was working all the time.

"Well- I.. um. I guess I just wanted to walk with you.." you stammered.

"Ah! Ashikaga-Chan! That's so sweet!" She enveloped you in a tight hug.

—-

You had found out that Baba's family owned the convenience store that happened to be right next to your house. She had talked about how her mom owned it and that her older sister would own it after.

Baba didn't seem to mind that she wouldn't own the store because she wanted to become a pro hero. Her quirk allowed her to change into a mountain goat.

Which at first sounded lame, until she showed you a photo of her in goat form. She was massive and had some of the biggest muscles you have ever seen. Her strength as a goat was almost ten times her strength in her human form.

"Did you say you wanted to be a hero?" You broke the silence.

"Yep," Baba popped the p while holding her head up high.

"I do too.. It's kinda been a secret desire of mine for a while."

"What?! No way! Ashikaga, we should train together! I can teach you some techniques!"

Baba and you stopped in front of her family's convenience store.

"I would love that! I don't know where we should train though. You live on top of a convenience store and my house isn't that big."

"My grandparents live in the countryside. I go there during the weekends and help out. I'll ask my mom if you can come with us." Baba grasped your hands and smiled brightly. You squeezed her hands back and shyly smiled back.

I think I made a good friend.