One

Moving from the United States to Japan was hard. Especially when you're an eleven-year-old who speaks very shitty Japanese.

You had to make new friends, go to school, learn perfect Japanese, adjust to the culture, and have a good academic pace to not be left behind.

"Y/n.. you coming?" your stepfather looked back at you.

He was the one to make your family move here in the first place. He was born in Japan and moved to the United States at a young age. After a long and deep conversation with your mom, he decided to move back and take his family with him.

The new house was crammed in between a convenience store and a bar. It was white with a rigid roof. It was pretty tall and seemed to have two floors, which seemed to be the only thing that made you a little excited.

I've always wanted my own room

You walked toward the door, where your dad had been patiently waiting for me.

"Thanks"

"Y/n say it in Japanese. You need to get used to speaking in the language."

"Thank you" you mumbled

—————————-

"Alma and y/n, are you excited for school tomorrow?" Your mom asked while eating her food.

"I'm super excited!" Alma, your half-sister, was really smart. Quirkless.. but hell she didn't even need it. She picked up Japanese fast and at her old school she was practically a child prodigy. She would do fine catching up with all the work. The only thing that worried you was quirk discrimination.

"Y/n.. what about you?"

"I don't know," you said before taking another sip of the soup.

"Well- oof" your mom's sentence got interrupted by her clutching her stomach.

"What's wrong?" you asked while slightly getting off the ground.

"The baby is just really kicking." Your mom let out a groan.

Your dad had placed his hand on her stomach before lightly rubbing circles.

"Y/n do you mind if you could get Alma ready for bed?" Your dad asked.

"Sure" you responded with an internal sigh.

———-

"Alma.. your bath is ready." You called from the bathroom.

"Coooomingggg!"

Alma gently got into the tub and started playing with the bubbles.

"Do you want me to wait outside until you need help or do you want me to stay here and play?"

Please let me wait outside

"Stay here!"

You loved your sister, you really do. However, you can only play rubber ducky heroes for so long. Of course, you were always the villain that got beat at the end. The villain that always lost... that's how you were starting to feel lately. School in the United States was tough. Elementary school quirk counselors hated you.

My quirk had scared them.

Alma yelped and quickly moved her foot away from the bath's faucet.

"What's wrong?"

"I scraped my foot on the faucet!" Alma began to tear up as she cradled her foot.

"Here, let me see."

Alma gently placed her foot onto your hand. There was a surprisingly deep cut that was starting to bleed. You placed your fingers gently over the cut. The tips of your fingers had very small leech-like mouths. These mouths let you disperse your blood to put into the other's bloodstream. As soon as the blood seeped into Alma's wound, it had scabbed over the cut.

Clotting, that's what the quirk was called on your diagnosis. Your mom had told you that your biological father had the same quirk. As soon as your blood got into someone's body, you could control it and begin making blood clots. It could be used to stop blood flow out of a wound, which could potentially save someone's life.

That's not what the counselors at your school thought. There's another side of clotting, a very deadly side. Using your blood, you could create clots in the person's arteries, brain, lungs, heart, and other vital organs. You could kill anyone in seconds and that's what they most feared.

One mistake, and I could be a murderer.I could leech on to anyone as long as I touched them.

"Thank you y/n!" Alma cheered looking over her foot.

Alma was never scared though.

You smiled, "No problem."
—-