CHAPTER FIFTEEN: ROTTEN APPLES

Kim Taehyung strode along the dark, dark hallways. Hallways without windows and only had torches as source of little light. But his handsome features still shone in the midst of the dark atmosphere. He was summoned by the fortress' head Lee Dong Wook.

The villain stopped his tracks in front of a humongous door leading to Villain Lee's office. He sighed and pushed the two doors wide open. He was stunned to see Min Yoongi sitting at the chair in front their Head. But his poker face covered his own feelings for him.

"Why have you summoned me?" He boringly asked. Taehyung glanced at Min Yoongi, trying to read his thoughts, but Yoongi blocked him from doing so. Kim Taehyung mentally rolled his eyes and looked back at Lee Dong Wook.

Lee Dong Wook cleared his throat. "Tell me you're decision. Who is really marrying the princess?"

Taehyung suppressed his laughter. "Me?" He raised his eyebrow.

"I've heard that you told the princess that you didn't want to marry her." Min Yoongi said back.

"And I'll marry her anyway." Taehyung said as he approached a basket of fruits and grabbed an apple. He knew that Min Yoongi was only after for the Alpha Villain position.

Yoongi smirked. "You can't possibly do that. If you don't want to marry the princess, I'll take the mission, but I won't marry Kim Jisoo."

"What? Because there's no love going on?" Taehyung crunched the apple. He looked at the the Head of Villains. "You said it wasn't essential. Love."

"Well, it is when I discovered something." Lee Dong Wook replied coldly. "All the past royal pairs were so deeply in love. And it was the only reason why Magic worked." He stated. "And what if she loves her prince?" Lee Dong Wook asked Taehyung.

"Probably-" Yoongi was cut off.

"-Not." He said. "She doesn't have any spark for her prince." Taehyung pounded the apple on the table. "But I'm sure her prince does." He said based from his observation of Kim Seok Jin.

"Princes fall in love a lot more faster than princesses do." Yoongi muttered to himself. "And Prince Kim Seokjin is logically striving everywhere looking for Princess Jisoo."

"And if that is so, we only have a matter of time left to make her fall in love." Lee Dong Wook added.

"Love, love, love! You're making me sick!" Taehyung groaned. "Everyone's so hustle with this mission I have." He brushed his hair backwards. "And you told me that marrying her was my only mission in the first place!" He barked at Mr. Lee.

Lee Dong Wook pounded the desk harshly. The two villains froze. "Alpha Villain, Kim Taehyung..." His golden eyes pierced through Taehyung's black eyes. "Make Princess Kim Jisoo fall in love with you. It is not a request, but an order!" He said firmly.

Taehyung sighed. "Yes, sir."

***

"So, how did you guys get here?" Jisoo inquisitively asked the so-called evil but talkative villains in her room. In Jisoo's opinion, she doesn't feel like she's being held captive at all. It felt more of having a slumber party with villains.

Jungkook raised his hand. "I got to this place while I was running from a street fight. There was this rotten apple that I stepped on. I tripped, lost consciousness, and woke up here. It's kind of uncanny actually." He suddenly sighed in delight, "But now it gives me nostalgia on how I punched those bastards in one go." Jungkook chuckled.

"Enough about that." Lisa finished his turn to speak. "As for my case, I stole an apple from the vendor. B-Because I was hungry and I had nothing to eat." Lisa paused, "And then, I took a bite of the apple then, I kind of fell asleep. The next thing I knew was that a bunch of villains were staring at me at the main gate." Lisa shrugged.