Entry One, Starved.

01. 𝕰NTRY 𝕺NE :

        𝕰NTRY 𝕺NE        :

/ 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖛𝖊𝖉

一 / 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖛𝖊𝖉

April 2021.

𝕴t was a tragedy the way he loved her. A tragedy star-crossed lovers will read about centuries later and weep over the blood spilt because if the two of them couldn't make it; no one else will.

She would say the first kiss was marked by sparks and the blue birds chirping. He, on the other hand, was scared as he anticipated rejection. Yet by the second one, he knew you two were star-kissed.

The first kiss was more about being nervous than in love, but slowly Capri was no longer feeling starved of affection.

The day went on as it was, the two of them feeling jittery while sitting in the car at night. They did this usually. Grabbed food and ate while having meaningful talks they couldn't have with other people, one including him telling her he believes a person can love someone and still be able to murder that someone.

She disagreed completely; it wasn't until later on had she changed her view.

Since she was a young girl, Capri had been a lonely child. Maybe it was because she was the youngest child or perhaps it was because she felt like the only child. Most of the time it felt like she didn't have any family at all.

She had a few cousins but none she ever saw so often that would cause her to feel less lonely. Her favorite cousin, Ximena, was three years older than her. The two were at different parts of their lives and couldn't always be so close.

Whenever she thought of feeling lonely, she always equated it with being starved—not from hunger, but from a lack of affection. A lack of affection left her feeling starved.

She felt starved of love and didn't think it was okay to ask for it. There was a sense of thinking that if she deserved it, it would be there. There must have been something she'd done that meant she didn't deserve it.

It was the start of spring break which meant she had gone back home to Lincoln Square from her dorm at FIT.

As the sun began its descent, casting long shadows across the busily neighborhood, Capri trudged wearily down the familiar path that led to her childhood home.