How to make them believe

Octavia's POV

I went to wash off everything they put on me. Everything that happened just didn't feel real. They killed that man, right in front of their whole district for something so small.

Because of me, someone's family just fell apart. I chuckle to myself, I destroyed a lot of families when I killed those kids in the arena.

Families get destroyed every year, it's nothing new.

But I could've prevented it, if I just let Callahan say what he needed to say and walked off the stage that man would still be alive.

The district would still be alright.

I clench my eyes putting my head in my hands, I don't know how I can continue to do this. I can't do anything right.

Maybe I should've let Snow kill me, that would save a lot of time. It'd be helpful for everyone.

These rooms suck, so I go to a huge cart where a-lot of windows are and a wrap around couch. It's been a good place where I can just be.

I don't need to think, I don't need to talk to anyone, I won't get yelled at by Evangeline.

I throw my hair up going there, I just sit down getting settled when the door opens.

I sigh, looking over to Callahan who looked just as distressed as I did.

" Hi." He says cheerily, though his looks deceived him.

" Hi."

He hears the sourness in my voice, he frowns sitting a foot or so away from me. " I'm sorry about that man."

I shake my head looking out of the window, " It wasn't your fault."

" I know. I just feel bad."

" You don't need to feel bad for me." I snap.

He looks a little taken back before scoffing, " You know, I'm not the enemy here. I know this sucks, and trust me I don't want to be here anymore then what we all do. But, we need to do this and we need to make Snow believe. So if we can actually be friends-"

" We are friends." I interrupt.

He furrows his brows, " That's how you treat your friends? No wonder you don't have many."

" Never said I was good at it."

" It would maybe help when you know the person. I don't know anything about you other then you can shoot a bow and don't like people very much."

I shrug, " That pretty much sums me up."

He laughs, shaking his head. " I know there's more, you just don't want to tell me. For us to..work together We need to know the..deep stuff."

I chuckle, " The deep stuff."

He gives me a lopsided grin, " Yea."

" Like what?"

He smiles looking down at his hands thinking, " Like...what's your favorite color?"

" Well now you stepped over the line."

I try to give him a serious look, but he ends up cracking up. " Come on." He urges.

" Ummm... green. Dark woods green, and yours?"

" Orange."

I lift my brows, " Like Koa's hair?"

He laughs, his laugh can put a smile on anyone's face, it made me momentarily forget why I was upset in the first place.