Chapter 2 : The Guy He Hate

Legend says when you can't sleep at night, it's because you're awake in someone else's dream.

That night, when Cale was absentmindedly throwing his phone up in the air, he still couldn't sleep and it was already past midnight.

She's here.

He thought. Then his phone buzzed all of a sudden, surprising him and causing him not to catch it, instead the thin iPhone hit him square in the face.

"Ouch" he said groaning as he rubbed the part that was hit.

He cursed whoever texted him before opening the text message that says,

Dude, first day of Senior year tomorrow! I heard there's a new female student, do you know her? Is she hot? ;)
-Shawn

He glared at the phone even though Shawn could not see it. He knew the new student is London and a sense of possessiveness pass through him.

Stay away from her Shawn or else I'll get a gun and shoot you even if you're a mile away

He responded a bit harsh which actually surprised him. Well, Shawn Evans is known for being a player but still his reply was a bit too much. He groaned again, but now confuse of how and what he feels about London being here.

The first time he saw her in the game room earlier, he actually thought she was hot.

Yeah, typical for Cale Pierce but when he realized that it was actually London, he felt nothing at first but longing of how he actually missed her and when she pushed him away, that was when he felt regret and guilt.

Nina asked him what happened and he explained the details as vaguely as he could. He didn't want to remind himself of what he did wrong but Nina seem to understand, then she told him that London will be going to the same school he was in and to grow some balls and make it up to her.

Which is what Cale will do, metaphorically grow some balls and make it up to London no matter what it takes.

He ain't losing her now.

The phone buzzed again, signalling a reply from Shawn. I mean, no one would text Cale in the middle of the night except his other best friend.

Woah, woah, woah what made Mr. Popular go all Gaston on me?

Cale actually laughed out loud, at the fact that Shawn, one of the biggest jocks in school watch Disney movies.

And now I know the jock watches Beauty and the Beast, what else are you hiding from me Shawn? ;)

He grinned but Shawn's reply knock him off guard.

And you too Mr. Popular ;) How would you even know about Beauty and the Beast if you didn't watch it?

It was actually London who forced him to watch it when they were in fourth grade but he can't tell that to Shawn, no one knows his past before he came into this town. So he made an excuse which leads into the deal that they are not talking about Disney characters again.

Cale checked the time again in it was already two in the morning and if his mom is here, she would no doubt scold him. So he forced himself to fall asleep which he did after a while.

***

Cale rubbed his hands together nervously outside Nina's front door. He always come here but this was the first time he got so nervous and doubtful if either he'll come in or not.

It was a beautiful Monday morning and it means Cale's first day of Senior Year and also London's. With a final sigh, he opened the door and went to the direction of the dining room.