Chapter- 1

Y/n's POV-

Sitting in front of the mirror doing nothing but waiting for the beauticians to complete their work which was to do my make up for the most awaited day of my life. I won't say I particularly wanted to experience this moment of my life but my parents wanted. So it is their most awaited day through me. Me getting married. I was hating each and every second which was passing by. I looked down at my hands which were tremoring for a certain reason and I knew why. This is not a good sign.

The beauticians were finally done and left me alone for a while. I looked at the clock, only an hour remaining until I walked down the aisle. I stood up determined and exited my room and went to the groom's room adjacent to mine. Luckily no one saw me. I entered his room taking him off guard. His perplexed expressions soon turned bright as he scanned me from head to toe as I stood in my wedding gown. I gulped in feeling guilty as I was here to shatter his happiness.

Y/n- Jungkook...

I somehow managed to call him out and he looked at me expectantly.

Jungkook- Y/n you look beautiful!!

A tear rolled down my cheek feeling extremely guilty hearing his compliment. But I need to do this.

Y/n- Jungkook, I can't do this.

His brows furrowed and worry took over his face. He took a few steps towards me.

Jungkook- What's wrong? Why are you crying?

Y/n- I know this marriage means a lot to you but I can't do this. I can't get married.

My eyes observing each and every inch of his face which was turning dark right now.

Jungkook- I don't know why you are being like this suddenly but you need to calm down. I guess, you are just nervous. So it's going to be fine okay.

I shook my head as he was far from understanding my words.

Y/n- No, I'm not nervous. Please try to understand. I just can't be getting married.

I removed my engagement ring and took his hand placing it in his palm.

Y/n- I am here to inform you... I am calling this marriage off.

His doe eyes staring deep into mine with that same dark expression.

Jungkook- Why? I need to at least know why you are taking such a decision all on your own.

Y/n- If I get married to you, I'll be ruining your life. I can't do that.

I took a step back ready to leave.

Y/n- I am very sorry.

I took off from his room leaving him dumbfounded. I came to my room got changed and sneaked out from the venue without getting caught for good. Hailing a taxi, I went straight to my house. My family is at the venue so the house is empty and I am safe there.

Going to my bedroom, I took out my backpack, and started filling it with my clothes and other necessary things. I heard my phone ringing. Of course they would have found out by now. I turned my phone off and completed packing. I looked around my house for the last time and exited. I hope they won't resent me much.

I came to the airport and took a ticket for Jeju island. It costed me a lot since I took it on the spot but can't do anything about it. Jeju is my only escort. Sitting in my seat in the flight, I looked down at my tremoring hands, they were still the same making me feel agitated and frustrated and sad. I finally broke down letting my tears out. I am so sorry Mom and Dad but I had no other option.