Chapter 2

At dusk of next day, Aurora changed herself to go to the bar, put on her best jacket, and her favorite pair of brown heeled boots, thinking it was her best option. Even after her father warned her, but being a naive young woman, what goes in one ear comes out the other, and she decided not to worry.
- Strange today he said it would get warmer, but it's getting colder, and the sky is cloudy I hope it doesn't rain, but I'm going anyway.-She thought aloud as she went down the stairs holding her shoe in her hand so as not to make noise since the stairs were wooden and creaked a lot.

When passing through the kitchen, she takes her house and car keys, saying goodbye to her parents. naturally thinking they weren't going to say anything.

- Bye mom,bye dad, I'm going out ok!

- Hold on, where are you going? you didn't tell us anything,with whom are you going?

For a stupid moment, Aurora really thought her parents weren't going to ask anything, since being of legal age she was free to go wherever she wanted without giving too many explanations. Her mother crosses her arms and waits for an answer.

- Sorry I forgot tell you, it's just that I scheduled to go out with Ember today.

- Hmm, and where are you going?

- Let's have dinner at the mall, I'm gonna pick her up at home and we will go.

Her mother didn't seem to believe much and his father even less, there in silence at the table working on the computer but listening to everything

- You didn't invent to go to Scarlett?

- No....

Her father looks deep into her eyes, knowing the daughter he has, he knew she was lying, of course he was worried but he believed his daughter was too old to take care of herself.

- Take care sweetie, don't accept anything from strangers. come back by 10:00 pm.

-Sure!

Aurora hugs her parents and heads towards the garage door.

Arriving at the bar, Aurora was nervous, she had never been this part of town, for a moment she hesitated to enter, she should have stayed home and listened to her father.

The building was intimidating, extensive, it wasn't a poorly maintained building, but something told her not to go in, that had no problem giving up. How it was an old building, all its facades were adorned in bricks, it had a large logo in shades of dark red in the entrance saying "welcome".

With each step she took she became more and more nervous, low light intensity, an environment with rustic decor and people in casual clothes. Aurora felt out of place, she looked like a girl who had confused a nightclub with the bar, she shouldn't have put on that outfit, it seemed that everyone was looking at her with a certain amount of disdain. She sits on one of the seats at the counter trying to calm down and is soon attended by a woman:

 She sits on one of the seats at the counter trying to calm down and is soon attended by a woman:

- Goodnight! Welcome to Scarlett!

-Goodnight! Thanks.

She was a relatively tall girl, blue hair, shaved at the back of the neck, tattoo on the right hand and a black T-shirt. Unlike the other baristas, she wore a personalized black apron, appeared to be the boss, and had a small gold brooch written Pandora.

-I don't think I've ever seen you around here before. What's your name?

- Oh no, it's my first time here. It's Aurora.

- Nice to meet you, I'm Pandora. So what can I do for you today?

-I-I wanted something lighter and a little sweeter, what do you recommend?

-Got it, I'll suggest you a Blonde Citrus Highball, it's a light drink, a little sweetened and with a little touch of lemon due to the soda, ok?

- Okay, it can be! 

-Okay!

While Pandora explained a little about the assembly of the drink Aurora was distracted from her nervousness, something else bothered her, she felt that someone was watching her.

-Pandora.

- YES

- Can I ask you a question?

-Of course!

-I don't know if you can tell me but yesterday there was a man of approximately 50, of medium height, light eyes, very gray hair, probably unaccompanied, called Nicodemus Rutherford in here?

Upon hearing the name, Pandora is appalled, she didn't say a word, Aurora scared again feels the feeling of being watched more and more intensely this time, as if more than one person was staring at her from afar.