I.

lower case intended, as always.

the sun was off to is rising, however, your alarm was first to race it off from setting its place.

5:20, 'ring ring!' it rang, 'ring ring!'  again as it loudens. the ears were all-so-sensitive when it comes to sounds; little to small such noises wakes you up.

a groan left your lips as it reaches the cold small figure, your phone. turning the nuisance off, you decided to get out of your bed.

folding, and tucking the pillows nicely left a smile on your face, you love when things are proper, those of the things that you can properly sort out by yourself, organize—those satisfies you.

clamping your thick, dark hair, you went straight to the bathroom to wash your face. though the eyes were that tired, you had no choice but to comply with your morning routine, you have school.

finished, the hands are reaching out for two hangers which holds the uniform you are obliged to wear for this certain day, your PE uniform.

the fabric is then wore, now, fixing your hair and face to look appealing, and perhaps ravishing to fellow schools mates.

A call held you back from getting your bag, you halt your steps as you reach to answer it. answering you asked for the anonymous caller's name; " Your school service. Hello Y/n, good morning! your service is here." the caller answered, "you can come down now" they continued, ending the call as you hold unto your backpack's strap.

"Going out now!" you shouted, informing your grandmother about your leaving as your feet stumbles on the stairs ground.

you closed the gate as you walk through the warm wind, the dim light guides you as your feet follows. finally, you reached the van, greeting the driver as
you sat by the second row, next to your best friend, sana.

you set the mood by playing some music, your wireless earbuds connected, as that soft jazz plays into your ears, marvelous. feeling the music, you closed your eyes as you wait for the next student to be picked up.

that loud sound of the van's door sliding woke you up, a student came inside.

the place wasn't known to you, both the student too.
you caught a glimpse of their unfamiliar face, while they sit behind you.

a new service mate perhaps?

-

as if it were a sign, something always wakes you up when you're near the school's premises. you were by the door and near its handle, the lady, slides the door open as each one of you leaves the van.

tapping your id's both you and your best friend's direction redirected to the school's church.

it's a must to wait inside the sacramental place as stated by the school principal.

-

your bag was on the wooden seat, you glance at your back which was met by a woman who's shorter than you, not in a way wherein the gap's too big, but frankly—short.

your eyes located at her thin black stripes of hair on her forehead, 'oh, she has bangs'  you whispered to yourself.

-

the class ended as you and your friends line up outside your classroom, waiting for the teacher to dismiss and let you all down to go home.

you were tired, it was a long day and you wanted to rest—the brain is in need of it.

however,

that sense, all might've felt a certain feeling of an uncanny that someone might be staring at you.

it's been your case all day.

since morning, you've been feeling someone's stare at you—it's been hunting you.

though it might feel uncanny like said, it's quite a stare that feels, different?

not noticing, another group of students are lining up to also appeal of their teacher's dismissal.

-

your grade level, coming down from the hefty-grown building as followed by the group of students you saw lining up earlier—still having that seventh sense.

you snapped out of it and continued to talk with your friends.

"should we meetup for the shooting?" asked your best friend, jaehyun.

"yeah i think saturday would be a nice day to meetup, everyone's free" i answered.

"alright, i'll create a gc for the other members to talk to" added by him.

"sure sure" you smiled, excited for the film, it was always teachers assigning different filming projects. even if it was really tiring, it made some fun days you and your mates had.

you were all by the waiting area, people were intimidated by you and your group—the seniors, you all, in your case, aren't informed with that information.

you and your classmates have this beyond of a great bond with each other. everyone likes everyone, well except for some. but, there's really no problem with everyone's likeness towards each other, everyone; clicked, matched and laughs with one another like old pals. you enjoy that type of sight, just seeing them.

it's a fact that being all-together is fun, but scares a lot of people.

-

going inside your van, the head bumps on its hard like solid roof as you go in to lay your bag.

shocked was not only you, but the now-familiar woman in-front of you.

you hissed as you stare at the woman upfront, eyes big from the incident, and frozen like a rock as if she've been caught.

you found it cute.

??? what

????? ?????

-
by Jie,
2023