Damon/Wolfgang/Eva

part 2 to my Damon/Wolfgang oneshot.

"I hate who I was before"

Damon, horribly traumatized, came out of that academy alive. That killing game.. he watched everyone die one by one. Every single one. And when he really thought he and Eva would get out together as the final two survivors.

She died right in front of him. She was crushed as the academy collapsed, proof that the game was ending.

He was all on his own. The sole survivor. And all he could think about is how he had no empathy for the ones who died during the first 3 months of his stay. He realized he was so selfish and egotistical that he never thought to consider anyone's feelings.

Until the fourth death. Wolfgang's death hit Damon and Eva the most out of everyone. The three of them were able to bond slightly despite their circumstances. And Damon, right after Wolfgang perished, learned that he truly did care for him and Eva.

But it was too late. Wolfgang nor Eva will ever be able to hear him say the few words he now yearns to say.

He fell into a deep dark void of self-hatred. He hated who he was before. He wished he could've given everyone a chance before casting them aside like pawns.

It's like Tozu and Mara expect him to go back to living like everything was normal.. *no* that will never be able to happen. He will never forget the faces of despair and pain that everyone went through.

"Why me..?" He asks. Looking at all of them.

All of the graves. Damon sat down in front of all the 16 graves. He even made ||Cara|| a grave, she deserves it anyway.

They had their first and last names with their date of birth and date of death. If anything, Damon could hope they see this in the afterlife, hoping they can see him as a changed man.

They in fact did notice, although Damon could not see anything, ghostly figures stood near the tombstones, smiling pitifully as they sat down and listened to Damon talk about his day, most of the time they weren't pleasant. But he made do with what he had.

Damon Maitsu, now married with a wife and two kids, still visits the graves to this day.

Word Count: 378