Moving base

I heard some commotion from outside. I looked around the room, Lee was nowhere to be seen. I felt a little uneasy but I figured that Lee would be getting those keys for Lily and her dad. I hung my head and closed my eyes. Lee and Doug then burst back into the store, Doug quickly closed the door behind them. "I've got the keys." Lee told Lily. "Great, God you're amazing! Let's get in there." Lily said as she stood up from her position crouching over her ill father. They disappeared at once. After a couple of minutes, I was startled by a ringing of alarm bells coming from the room Lee and Lily had headed to. I got up hastily as people were shouting. "I'm gonna get the truck pulled up 'round back." I heard Kenny yell, he instantly took charge. Lee came over to speak to me. "Don't worry, Clem. We've got the pills and we need to get outta here as fast as we can." Lee said in a hushed tone. I nodded, I was shaking. Lee got up and gave the Axe to Kenny. "Guys, that door's not locked anymore!" Doug called. "You three get on it! I'll be as quick as I can!" Kenny shouted. Lee turned back to me, "stay away from the windows." He said. Katjaa called for Glenn to help her so Lee took over his position helping barricade the door. I was terrified, zombies started braking through the side of the door. Carley shot some of them as she backed off the door. "Clementine! Can you look for something to stick in-between the handles! Something real strong, ok?" Lee hurriedly commanded for me to do. I said ok and ran off to find something. I looked around everywhere. "Clementine! Did you find anything?" Lee shouted, impatiently. "Nothing! Oh wait!" I screeched , remembering Lee's dad's cane from earlier. I ran as fast as I could to get it and brought it back to Lee and held it up to him. Doug was holding the zombies off from another entrance so Lee was holding the door on his own. Lee took the cane and slid it through the door handles. Suddenly, Zombies had a hold of Doug in one direction and Carley in the other. They were both screaming for help, I felt petrified and helpless. Everything seemed to be in slow motion, I closed my eyes and prayed that this wasn't happening, that this was all just a massive nightmare and in a minute I would wake up and be greeted by the smell of pancakes and the call of my parents for me to get up. But that was too good to be true and the nightmare was, in fact, reality. Lee ran over and chucked Carley some ammo from her purse, as the zombies dragged Doug out of the badly boarded up window. I gasped as I saw him struggling, knowing it was no good. He was gone. I felt sick, I guessed that Carley and Lee felt the same way. Carley covered her mouth with her hand. "Oh god..." She whispered. Kenny then burst into the room. "Let's go!" He yelled. I tried to run but then... one of them grabbed me, I fell over with a horrified scream. I wiggled and screeched for it to let go but it's grip on my foot grew stronger. Lee stood over it and stamped on it's head multiple times. I scooted away, shocked by the surprise attack. I stumbled to my feet as quick as I could and ran to the door, followed closely by Lee. At the door, we had to run past Lily's dad, the craziest of the people here. He shouted at Lee "You're not coming with us, you son of a bitch!" Then he punched Lee in the face. I turned around, I wasn't going anywhere without Lee, I would be dead without him and he would be dead if we left him here. "NO!" I shouted as loud as I could. I was conflicted, I couldn't do anything to help, I would make it worse but I didn't want to leave. Luckily, Kenny came after Lee and saved him and Lee slammed the door with a bang. Next thing we all knew, we were at the Motor-inn. I watched as Lily made a pile of dead zombies to get them out of the way. I felt sick again, the smell alone was revolting. I turned and walked away from the horrid creatures. "Oh man, Clementine!" Duck called and ran over to me. He started telling me about how awesome getting the cane for Lee was, it was nothing compared to what he did for me. "Thanks." I muttered, I wasn't really in a talkative mood after all that happened. He carried on talking about fascinating things Kenny had done in his younger days, I didn't listen very much. I nodded and occasionally said "Ok." "Yeah." "That's so cool." I guess I was grateful for Duck to help me get my mind off everything, but it was hard to forget. Even for a couple of seconds, everything was too real and distorted. There were even gun shots and screams in the distance. I smiled at Duck then started to talk about my family life at home and, in return, listened to more far-fetched stories of Kenny. This time, I paid full attention.