New chances...

"We can't take risks like this, Carley."  Another women commented to the lady who shot the walkers, who inevitably saved us.  "We can't just let people die either!"  The girl who saved us, Carly, looked frustrated and tired but not as tired as the woman she was arguing with. Like Carly, she had dark hair and she looked fearless. She looked slightly older than Carly. She wore a hard expression on her face, like stone.   "When I say that door stays shut I really mean it! We don't know who these people are, they could be dangerous." The woman raised her voice. "Chill the hell out lady, we are just people trying to avoid those things, just like you." Lee injected into the argument. "You'll have to excuse her." Carley murmured.  "The hell he or ANYONE will." The other woman responded, she continued to get her view across.    "This is about survival. Do you guys not see what's happening?" After all this arguing, I realized that I really need to pee...  I tugged on the side on Lee's leg and told him that I need to pee. He replied quietly "In a minute, clem. "  "They've got kids, Lily." The man with his hair in a cap from before muttered.  "Those things outside don't care." Lily replied. "Maybe you should go join 'em then,  you'll have something in common." Kenny joined in. I was bored of this arguing and I really needed to pee... " I would be back in a sec and nobody would notice that i had gone." I thought. I tried to open the door but it was engaged. "Lee?" I called over to him. "Yeah?" He replied and looked over. "There's someone in there." I called back. "It's just locked. Key's behind the counter. Probably." Lee told me. I wandered over to behind the counter and dug a set of keys out of a draw. I tried a few keys until it opened, but to my astonishment, the toilet wasn't vacant and I had company that wasn't human... I screamed in terror and an old man in the compound shouted "Jesus!" Lee looked shocked and worried, he shouted my name and tried to ran over to me but he fell over. I was trying to get away from it when Lee, back up from his feet, started to fight it. He pushed it away as hard as he could when Carley pulled out her gun and shot the walker. "You ok?" She asked Lee. "Just great, thanks." Lee replied with a hint of sarcasm in his voice. Suddenly, everybody looked scared, the gun shot attracted the walkers, they were circling us like hungry sharks. I held on to Lee's leg. "We almost died because of that bitch and her itchy trigger finger! That was stupid, that was..." The old man stopped in the middle of his sentence, clutching his chest. "Dad!!" Lily cried, sounding more like a helpless child  now rather than a ruthless, cold hearted woman. The man fell to the  ground, withering in pain. "Was HE bitten?" Lee inquired. "No, don't be crazy!" Lily answered back, kneeling by her father. "It's his heart." She informed him. "My pills... " The man whispered in pain. "Um, Nitroglycerin pills?" Kat suggested. Lily turned to look at Kat and stood up. "Yes, we're out. We've been trying to get into the pharmacy ever since we got here." Lily then turned to Lee,  "Please, try to get in there! Behind the counter where the pills are!"  Lee thought for a second. "We'll get in there somehow." "Thank you so much." Lily said, sounding genuinely grateful. I kept a tight grasp on Lee's leg, I trusted him like my dad. "You, so what's your name?" Ken asked Lily.  "I'm Lily and My dad's Larry. " Lily replied. "Keep  good eye on him. These boys will work on getting you your medicine." Kenny continued. "And you," He pointed to another man who looked about middle age. "You keep an eye on that front door. You're our look out." "It's Doug. You got it." The man said. Then Carley also intrduced herself. "Ok, Carley, you'll shift in with Doug when he needs it. For now, get some rest- you're a got shot and I'd like to keep it that way." Kenny continued to act like he was in charge. "You got it, boss." Carley replied. "Now go get him those pills!" Kenny declared, Glaring at Lily and Larry. I watched as everybody got to what they were doing. I found a space to sit down for a while, it had been an eventful day, and this last few days felt like a nightmare. I pinched myself, I needed to wake up and see that everything was fine. But I wasn't dreaming. It wasn't a nightmare I could just wake up from. This was life,eventually, if we don't all die first, this will be how we live. I didn't want to think anymore so I looked over at what everybody else was doing. Nothing had really changed; Lee was looking for the pills, Lily was looking after her dad, Kat was looking after Duck. Then Lee came over to me to see if he could get me anything. "I'm ok." I replied with a slight small smile. Then I added "Maybe I'm a little hungry." A little was an understatement, My tummy had a gnawing ache, but I didn't want to be any trouble. "I'l see about that." Lee finished as he got up to continue looking for the pills.

A/N I've updated it yay! (Well, this chapter really annoyed me so I had to re-do it.)