Old Devils ✷ Garden of Eden.

✷

Whether you come as lover or executioner,
I am ready to receive you.

—— The Carnivorous Lamb,
AGUSTIN GÓMEZ-ACROS

[Tr. William Rodarmor]

          You're presented an apple in the Garden of Eden

          You're presented an apple in the Garden of Eden. What do you do?

Do you resist the temptation that lingers in your body as your fingers nearly reach for the apple? Do you allow yourself to suppress the flesh? That whatever you desire, it will come to you by fate, and not by choice? Does the feeling of temptation continue to taint your heart till the point it's venom enters your mind, and leaves you weak? Perhaps your prayers to whatever god, go unanswered, and all that's left for you is to combat your carnality through strong willpower. Will your spirit reward you for your good deeds or have you chosen to suffer in a life you gained nothing from?

Or do you obey temptation as a dog follows his owner? When that temptation comes, how does it make you feel? Does the gratification of having what you want surpass any other feeling in the world? Does it feel like ecstasy in your veins but the lows haven't crashed on you just yet? Or does the lack of discipline kill you? The pride, the desire, and the want to have so many things at different places, does it begin to feel like a speaker that drowns away your voice at a party? No matter what you say, or what you do, that voice—sound, will continue to follow you until it becomes overwhelming. Was the temptation you so easily attained, worth it?

Perhaps biting the apple doesn't work for you. Maybe you need something that goes beyond the act of snaring your teeth into something so temporary?

You're presented in the Garden of Eden, but this time there's no apple. There's only a hand waiting to be shaken. 

          How about making a deal with the devil?