Shit is about to go down

As we sit on John B's dock, he explains to us that Ward bought the Crain house and now has all the gold. It's pretty quiet amongst the four of us as we all feel defeated. It feels like it's over.

Pope is yet to find out because he's at his scholarship interview, so I hope he smashes it because he certainly won't be relying on his share of the gold to get anywhere. None of us will. Honestly, this sucks.

John B rips off his cast, leaving his broken wrist exposed to more potential damage. Kie, of course, scolds him and it's pretty clear that at this rate he doesn't care about anything anymore. To be fair, he's probably about to get shipped off to foster care since Ward killed his Dad so he certainly won't be living there. I'd offer him my house but I'm not sure how my parents would feel about picking up a second stray. Dad still doesn't even know about JJ moving in, so there's that to deal with.

As the group lulls to a very miserable, mopey silence, it's broken by Pope hurtling toward us at full speed, yelling for our attention. I'm the only one that sits up, interested to know what has him so frantic. Once he reaches us, he keels over, panting desperately.

"Oh god, I ran all the way here," he explains through his panting.

"Any particular reason?" I ask.

"You alright?" John B adds, like a decent human being.

"How did the interview go, Pope," JJ asks.

"Don't ask," Pope answers simply.

"That bad huh?" I ask, giving him a sympathetic look.

"JB, look, I'm sorry dude. About everything," Pope says, getting his breath back.

Man is drenched with sweat. He looks like someone dropped a water balloon over his head. To be fair, I would probably look even worse (if I could have even made it that far running). Props to him, I guess.

"I don't have a lot of time and - and I have information that is tactically relevant. So, before I had my interview my Dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane," Pope explains, "because it was too heavy and needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview wondering why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off?"

I have to admit, man is doing a good job at getting out his words and having the energy to add hand gestures and pacing to the show. I'd be collapsed on the floor. I should really do more cardio. I'll get JJ right on that.

"What could be so heavy to weigh it down?" Pope continues.

"Gold," JJ says quietly, him and John B finally sitting up, intrigued.

"Exactly," Pope agrees, doing some ridiculous hand gestures and pointing at JJ in excitement, "guys, this is our chance, but it leaves tonight and we have to go."

"Guys, we can't give up now," Kie agrees.

"What's the plan, big man?" JJ asks, looking to John B.

"We're gonna steal that shit back," John B answers.

"Fuck yeah we are," I say, jumping to my feet as we all break into excited grins and start running back toward the chateau.

We're all piled into the Twinkie, coasting down the road to the private airstrip. JJ is sitting on the floor of the van in between my legs, loading his gun while we come up with a plan for how to handle this. I'm watching him from above, slightly mesmerised by his hands, and it's probably a good thing he can't see me staring, because he would totally tease the crap out of me for it.

"We go in there guns a-blazin' and make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vamanos, get the hell out of there," JJ says.