ACT I / Here's To Fate

Prologue     ✷     Here's to Fate

Prologue Here's to Fate

         KYRAH struggles valiantly against the restraints placed on her wrists

KYRAH struggles valiantly against the restraints placed on her wrists. Her sight is blocked by a piece of cloth one of the villagers found in the process that she would be locked away rapidly. To her failure, Kyrah desperately tries to find a way out of the situation, but the tight, rusted cuffs on her wrist, and the cloth show no effort in releasing her out of her battle.

She pleads, stumbling her way across the murky ground on bare feet as two burly men drag her forcefully to her destination, "Please, let me—"

"—Shut up, devil." One of the men retort bitterly, "You have costed us enough trouble as is."

The other man's voice follows after the other, "We no longer have any choice in the matter."

Unlike his partner, his voice is tinted with hints of sorrow. It allowed Kyrah to reminisce on light that seeps through a closed door with scratches and cracks in its frame—the same kind of sorrow that a father would have for his own children when they've disappointed him. Inevitable and undesirable.

It doesn't feel rewarding, nor does it provide any solace on how long it takes Kyrah to realize her father betrayed her. In the few seconds of opening his mouth, his voice reminded herself of all the times she's been scolded by his tongue. Long hours of lecturing to always be told in the end, she was his pride. Now, he stands without any doubt walking in front of his own daughter, leading her to her ultimate execution. The role of creator and executioner placed in one hand. How, unfortunately ironic is it of Kyrah to have her existence start and be ended by the same man.

"You would...put down your own daughter?" Kyrah's throat burns with held back tears. If only she could've seen the man she called her father properly, whatever sign of strength may have vanished from her instantly.

Kyrah's father responds ample seconds later, "You are not my child. You are of the Devil's."

His voice doesn't leave any room of regret nor anymore sorrow after hearing Kyrah's voice, so she shuts herself quiet as she assumes they lead her to the isolated temple in their village, reserved only for people sentenced to death for their crimes.