XVI

Scarlett POV:

Long story short, I told them that Jos wanted to ruin my career. Or actively tries to do so. But I only told them that because they promised not to do anything about it and let me take care of it.

I did not go into detail. My plan is still not perfect. Therefore, it's better to stay still.

Confession, I did feel better after telling my friends about it. In fact, it's nice to have friends. I even ate something.

Because the mood was killed with the drama of last night, Lando tried to cheer us up with the date he had. Pierre joined in, too.

After some time, we all had responsibilities to do. For example, work out, meetings, press time, etc. I had a meeting for today. Later, I would go and work out in the hotel's gym.

After getting ready, I left my room, and this time, I took the stairs. Not the elevator. Too many weird things happen there. And that's not what I need right now. Especially knowing that I would see him at the meeting.

On the drive there, I tried to calm myself down with music. You can guess thr- actually just one time who I listened to.

That's right. John Mayer.

I'm kidding.

Taylor Swift.

I was just vibing to the song, which was So it goes... (hopefully soon TV) and focusing on the road. As the song ended, the next one started playing. The moment I heard the instrumental in the beginning, I grabbed the wheel tighter.

It's a song by Taylor. Why do I have a connection to it? Where did I hear it out of my car?

I almost didn't see that the traffic light turned red. Sighing, I listened to the song, which was cardigan.

When the lights turned green, it came to my mind.

The night I got lost in the city, when the rain was heavily pouring down on me. The night he came to get me. The night where he played music in his car. And it was this song.

I sighed and bit my lip. I bet he doesn't even remember that. But I do. Everything of it.

He picked up when I called. He stayed on the line and didn't end the call. The way he jumped out of the car, sprinting to me. I also remember how warm and safe his hug kept me. Like nothing in this world could hurt me. The fact that he looked for me in the big city during the midnight rain. The fact that he came.

I blinked a few times and cleared my throat. A part of me knows and thinks about what he said to me later that night.

The other part of me is still there, in his car. The song is playing, the rain pouring on the car. Him taking me back to the hotel.

Then, I did something I never did in my entire life. I skipped the song. I wasn't able to listen to it until the end. The next song was more fitting.

Vigilante Shit.

...

Max POV:

I was on my way to the meeting. There wasn't much traffic on the road, so it was comfortable to drive. And to clear my thoughts.