Part 16; Communication

I stood up on shaky knees. I looked around at the clouded area, ash filling the air we breathed. I coughed, fanning the air around me so I coukd see better. 

Just then, I seen the all so familiar purple portal before it disappeared. I sighed, a mixture of relief and anxiety leaving me as my shoulder sagged.

"What the fuck was that, Hawks!?" I heard the angry voice of a woman standing behind me. I looked behind me, instantly making eye contact withA friend I haven't spoken to in over a month.

"Rumi-" She greeted me with the ugliest glare I'd ever seen and it was aimed at me. The womans snow white, long, hair was frizzed up from all of the fighting. The was sweaty and red which only made the anger in her stare increase.

"Why'd you let the bastard go? You had him." She spoke almost calmly. She took a few shaky steps towards me.

"Are you okay? Its not like you to let yourself be so hurt-" 

She cut me off, "Stop acting like you care, we haven't had an actual conversation in months." She breathed, standing up straight, "Now tell me, why'd you let him get away?" 

"I don't know- I just.." I pulled at my hair. I let my frustration be known as people glanced over here. "I was caught off guard." 

"Thats bull SHIT! You never let your eyes leave your opponent during a fight." I was very quickly losing my faux frustration.

"How would you know, Mirko? We haven't contacted in what, 3 to 4 months just as you said!?" She shook her head with a s turning her attention to Eraserhead and a few others that approached us.

"Whats all this commotion about?" Eraser was the first to speak, looking between the both of us as if our faces held the answer.

"Nothing. Hawks here is just A dick." I scoffed as she walked away with her infamous petty attitude.

Without saying another word, I left to attend to the potentially bruised and bloody students that were semi scattered around the entire area. I crouched down next to Kaminari who seemed to have suffered the fate of Spinners race car driving if we look at the track marks and his broken legs. He had fat tears rolling down his face as he sobbed, telling me how much his legs hurt, how much they felt numb and scorched at the same time. I felt like my heart shattered alongside his as he held onto me, scared that I'd drop him.

"Its okay, Charge bolt, you'll be okay." I pushed my back against the door and rushed towards Recovery girls office, careful of the kids head hitting the doorways. The old lady looked alarmed as I set him down just as two other kids rolled in, carried by Eraser and Mic who they themselves looked rough and beatm

I felt bad that I was linked to some of this. These kids wouldn't have been hurt as bad if I weren't here. Shigaraki said it himself, "You came here, so we followed you." And that, hurt, even when I knew he had semi good intentions.

Once everyone was okay and well, I flew away, as far as possible. I wanted to be alone, alone with my thoughts. I couldn't help but think about what Shigaraki had told me was true. We've all only been together for two weeks, theres no way they could feel that deeo for me, not without an alternate motive, but I also wanted to believe that it was trute. I wanted him and Dabi to love me. But at the cost of peoples lives was hard for me to accept.

But why were they so pretty while doing it? Why did I feel A semse of pride when they'd stood their ground with everything they had in them, and for me?

I looked up at the smoke filled grey sky. The fire, and ground destruction had traveled in the air and covered almost half of Japan in its wake of sadness and despair. Pro heroes had died today, not many but it was still enough to mourn A groups worth. 

I stared down at my feeth, my eyes were puffy and sore from crying at least ten minutes straight just A second ago. 

I remember my first day at "high school," or at least, thats what the commission called it when in reality, like it was yesterday. On that day, I had immediately ran into A rather tall brown skin woman, a woman that had more spunk and attitude than I had ever seen in a person, but she stuck to me. That girl, Rumi Usagiyama, was my best friend through thick and thin. Fuck, she was hell bent on beating the absolute shit out of anyone that tried anything on me when I was drunk and down, when I was high and delirious. She was my soulmate. She was the one person that actually believed in me, cared for me, so seeing her so mad at -me- was shitty. She looked like she was actually done with me, and I can't blame her. Its truly my fault that we're stuck in this situation. I told her that I'd call her when I had time when in reality; I was never busy to begin with. I abandoned our friendship, and for what? To fuck around with a bunch of villains. 

"My love, are you okay?" I almost gave myself whiplash from how fast I turned. I held eye contact with piercing red eyes that welcomed me with A smile on his face, but that smile soon disappeared when he seen my face. "Oh, baby.." He speed walked over towards me before kneeling down to take my red face in his gloved hands. He hugged me.

He pulled me away from the ledge I sat on and curled his arms around my head, seemingly hiding me from the world as I sat between his spread legs.

"Hey, hey," With his pointer finger, he moved my chin up so he could look into my eyes with so much sincerity I almost cried again, "Whats wrong?" 

As if that question was a switch, tears flowed down my face like a river, unstoppable. I leaned my head against the mans soft but hard cheat as he welcomed me in A hug.

"Do you really want to know?" He nodded his head, taking the hand off his face so he could really pay attention to what I had to say. 

"When you left, me and my bestfriend, Pro hero Mirko, got into an argument about how I basically let you go without doing anything. I didn't know what to say because what was I ganna do? Just sell myself and you guys out? No. But it still breaks my heart because I've known her since I was 15, im now 22, so you can only imagine the shit we've been through together. Tough shit. She was there when no one else was, but here I am, sleeping around knowing it could hurt her...and what hurts the most is that- I dont think I regret it." I said it all under one breathe but I had one last thing to say, "I like you guys, alot, but im having trouble believing what you said back there was true." 

I finally looked up into his eyes, trying to figure out what emotion I could find only to come out empty handed when all that was there was as much as a blank face.

"Hawks, Dabi may not be here but im speaking for both of us when I say this. When we met you, me and Dabi were captivated by the beauty you held. From your pretty blonde hair and all the way to your soft feathers, We found hope for this world when we got to see the smallest glimpse of your true nature when you cared for those kids back in that orphanage all those months ago, and even though we may not know much after that, we will one day. Just give us some time, and you'll have us on our knees, praising your name behind closed doors and in front of the world, everyone else will praise US. But to put it simple if you didn't understand that, we've grown to love you, and you might not love us the same but that won't change anything because we're yours just like world will be ours." He held my cheek as if it were the most delicate thing one could be near. I wanted to cry at the confession and I knew he'd let me.

"And about the Mirko thing, leave that to the league." I did a double take when I realized what he'd said.

"What?" He smiled, standing up with me in his arms. He unwavered under my weight which I didn't think was heavy but to some, maybe.

"Call me Tomura, Darling. Its only right."