✧ 1

Taehyung stood in front of the glass window of their shared apartment, eyes on the road below where Jungkook got off the car, smiling and chatting with the person he was on a date with.

A soft grim sigh left the boy's lips as he made his way to his room, closing the door. He leaned against it, discomfort bubbling in his stomach. It was strange how he could act so well around his unrequited love and live with him as well.

He locked his phone, unable to see the picture of Jungkook's blind date any longer. What if Jungkook goes away with his newly found love? What if this person is the one? What if they're compatible? What if-

Taehyung shook his head when he heard the door of their apartment open, followed by the voice he adored. Going to his vanity, he stared at his distressed face.

"Hyung! I'm back."

He took a deep breath, staring at himself as he put on a smile, "Okay, act cheerful." He held his face, squishing his cheeks before getting rid of all the gloom.

"Hyungie? I got you your favorite snack." Jungkook's voice resonated from the other side of the door, followed by gentle knocks.

"You up?"

"I'm up," Taehyung said, opening the door to a smiling Jungkook who held up a pink-colored bag that had strawberry-flavored pastries.

"Welcome home, Jungkookie." Taehyung said as Jungkook stepped forward to hug him. Taehyung pursed his lips, inhaling his favorite scent. Wrapping his arms around the blonde, his eyes almost moistened, "H-How was the date?"

"It was fine."

"I see." Taehyung stepped back, looking at the boy with a plain smile. Jungkook reached out to hold the elder's hand.

Taehyung's heart fluttered at the touch.

"Let's go and have a snack." He lead Taehyung into the living room, putting the bag on the shelf before taking the content out in light blue plates. 

The elder took a seat, confused as to why the younger was silent instead of chattering like usual after coming back from his blind dates.

"Here you go." Jungkook placed the plate in front of him, taking a seat next to his friend. He leaned back, closing his eyes.

Taehyung picked up the plate, eyes never leaving Jungkook as he took a bite from the sweet, wondering why it felt bitter. Soft melancholic eyes were on the lad who kept staring at the ceiling.

He had no idea what was Jungkook thinking. The blank face and zero conversation made him anxious.

"Jungkookie . . ."

"Hmm?" Jungkook looked at the elder, almost smiling when he saw a trace of pink cream smudged on Taehyung's face.

"You're so clumsy." Reaching forward, he was about to wipe it but froze for a nanosecond and gave Taehyung the tissue, who low-key wanted Jungkook to do it.

"What's wrong? Did the d-date not go well?" Taehyung felt his heart churn as he managed to muster up a smile for the sake of his precious one.

"All of these blind dates are a waste of time," Jungkook said in a low voice, confusing the others who saw Jungkook smiling at his date, earlier. Taehyung thought things were good between them.

"But why?" Taehyung asked, putting the plate down as he looked at Jungkook. The younger couldn't find any words as he looked into Taehyung's eyes.

Sometimes, you have to search deeper for the emotions which you crave to see.

I'm in love with someone. 

"I- I just don't want to. That's all."

"I see," Taehyung replied, thoughts going haywire. He didn't know if his friend wanting not to date was a good thing or not.