✧ 2

As soon as Jungkook laid Taehyung on the bed and took off his shoes, the other sat up rubbing his eyes, taking a shaky breath. Jungkook frowned, putting a hand on Taehyung's shoulder as he leaned forward.

"Are you okay?"

"It hurts, Jiminie." Taehyung whispered, warm tears escaping his eyes in seconds, shocking Jungkook who had no idea why he started crying out of the blue.

Jungkook took a seat in front of Taehyung, who didn't look up, letting himself be vulnerable and crying for he did not know he was home, in his bed, in front of the person he has had feelings for four years.

"My heart can't take it anymore. It hurts. It h-hurts so m-much." A soft sob escaped Taehyung's lips as he buried his face in his hands, shoulders shaking.

Jungkook heart broke at the sight as he moved closer, bringing Taehyung into his arms, securing him in a comforting hug. He didn't know what to say. Taehyung thought he was with Jimin and he kept crying, shakily wrapping his arms around the younger, tightly holding on.

His dazed mind didn't let him register the familiar scent. At that moment, the comfort he was getting was everything.

These suppressed feelings were only exposed in front of his best friend.

"I don't know what to d-do--" Another sob.

"I wish he could love me . . ." Taehyung sniffed, causing Jungkook to froze, alarms ringing in his head at the words.

Taehyung was in love?

He didn't even know and the fact that Taehyung was suffering because of it made him feel like a self-centred asshole.

"I wish he c-could see me-" His eyes were heaving, heart hurting at the thought of his unrequited love. He tightened his hold onto Jungkook's shirt, not caring that his tears were dampening it.

"Why is this happening to me? Wasn't love supposed to be beautiful?" Taehyung asked, voice fragile and broken, "Why c-cant I-I confess? I'm h-hurting." He blankly stared ahead, vision extremely blurry. He didn't worry about it though since he knew Jimin was with him.

Jungkook never knew his heart could be in so much agony when this pain wasn't even his. His teary eyes were stuck on the polaroid pictures above Taehyung's bed, seeing himself with the one he adored.

It made him even more miserable.

Even if there was no chance Taehyung could return his feelings, he still should've been a good friend and been there for him.

"Maybe I'm not pretty," Taehyung whispered, his broken voice causing Jungkook's tears to fall.

"Would he love me if I was prettier?" He asked, closing his eyes and letting the tears make their way down his cheeks.

"You're the prettiest." Jungkook whispered with assurity into Taehyung's skin, tenderly caressing his silky locks.

"Liar. Why doesn't he l-love me then?"

"Wh-Who . . . ?" Jungkook managed to stutter, wanting this immense pain from his heart to go away. His heart was heavy. If only he was a good person and saw Taehyung was struggling, hurting.

Taehyung having feelings for someone was a prickly addition to his misery.

A small huff came from the boy who wasn't sober enough to question the odd behaviour, "My Jungkookie. Who else?"

It was as if a piece of concrete slab fell on Jungkook's head, shaking his existence. He couldn't move, sure that his ears played tricks on him. It was unbelievable for him to even think someone as amazing as Taehyung would have feelings for him.