✧ 4

Taehyung showed up for class with puffy eyes, a skip in his step and a bright smile.

"Did you cry?" Jimin asked as soon as Taehyung took a seat in the middle of him and Seokjin, ready for the advance nutrition class.

"I did." Taehyung grinned.

"Everything okay?" Seokjin asked, not looking up from his journal. He was writing the successful recipe he tried last night.

"Better than okay." Taehyung sighed softly, cheeks pink and aura happy. He looked at the other students, chatting and waiting for the class to begin.

Jimin and Seokjin looked at each other, guessing what it could be. It was as if the thought struck both of them at the same time and they gasped in unison.

"Did you confess?!" Both exclaimed at the same time, causing some students to look at them. They paid no mind, already used to the attention.

"Sort of." Taehyung blushed, not meeting their eyes. He still believed it was a dream.

"Details please!" Jimin squealed.

"Um, it started last night. I though he was Jimin and I blurted everything out." Taehyung said, playing with the keychain attached to his bag.

"No way, that's such a you thing to do. How'd you manage to not make this blunder earlier?" Seokjin laughed.

"I know, right?" Jimin added.

"I- He told me to wash my face because he knew I cried but my eyes weren't puffy because of the makeup and then he asked me if we could talk." Taehyung paused, cheeks warm by thinking of the confession, "Jungkook confessed first and then I did. We were a mess, crying and expressing our feelings and feeling like idiots."

"No kidding. This was the longest confession I've ever seen. Four years. Four damn years and both of these stupid guys never communicated." Seokjin rambled, smiling happily. He put his journal away, both him and Jimin squeezing Taehyung into a warm hug.

Jimin was quiet and when both looked at him, he was shedding tears. Seokjin started laughing and making fun of him.

"Shut up, okay? I'm just happy." Jimin wiped his tears with his sleeves, hiding his face. The amount of happiness he felt was unexplainable.

Taehyung smiled at his best friend, eyes showing immense adoration. If not for Jimin, he would've drowned in agony.

"You look ugly, dude." Seokjin took a picture, laughing with Taehyung. The three were enveloped with happiness.

It was them who knew about Taehyung's strong feelings. It was these two who always comforted the boy when things got unbearable, always being there for him and encouraging him to confess but never forcing him even if it benefited him. The two were happy, content and relieved.

Finally, their dear Taehyung was out of the chains of unrequited love.

________________________

"I think this version would be the best. Well done, both of you." Soyeon gushed, checking the photographs and the articles written by her favourite duo.

Soyeon was a tough one to impress. So to hear the praise, it made them ecstatic.

Namjoon and Jungkook grinned, fist bumping each other. Both were the senior members of their college's publishing committee. The magazines were always on fire because of Jungkook's efficient photography and editing along with Namjoon's amazing writing skills.

"Jungkook. These photographs are amazing." Soyeon went through today's work, fascinated by the beautiful angles and high quality which was enhanced.

"I agree. There's something magical in them today, no?" Namjoon smirked, teasingly elbowing Jungkook who blushed, politely thanking their chief editor.

"I love these. It feels like you unlocked a new version of yourself today. Every single one of these are remarkable. Well done." Soyeon gave him an impressed smile.

Jungkook was glowing. The day was exceptionally good for him. First, the unexpected confession part with the love of his life and now, complements from their stoic leader? One of the best days indeed.

"I'm looking forward to work like this from you too. Improvement is vivid. Let's continue to make this magazine a hotshot."

"Yes, ma'am!"

Namjoon and Jungkook excused themselves after the briefing of the next project, walking out in the hallway.

"Imagine the amount of top-class portfolios you would've made if you'd confessed earlier." Namjoon smiled at his friend who couldn't stop smiling, "And to think you wasted all this time when Taehyung-ssi felt the same. Please make every moment count from now on."

"Ofcourse I will. I also regretted the fact that we both talked about this so late- but this was the right time for us to connect and confess our love. I wouldn't want it any other way- this is perfect."

"How romantic." 

"Not more than your love letters for your boyfriend. How did the date go? What did he cook for the dinner date?"

A sparkle of glee was seen in Namjoon's eyes. He started gushing about how it was one of the most perfect dinners ever. It was rare to see him talk this much as he's usually composed and quiet. 

Jungkook let out giggles, making fun of the blushing elder who continued to talk.

***

4. 3. 2023